Nortan is the best choice air conditioning installation company in East Melbourne
The Nortan company was put through a comprehensive review process and was found to be the current top air conditioning installation company in the East Melbourne area. Whilst there were a number of companies in the East Melbourne area that performed strongly across a number of review categories, the number one ranking was given to Nortan. The company was found to be the number one choice for East Melbourne customers based on its:
- Great value pricing;
- High levels of customer service standards;
- A wide range of heating and cooling solutions such as ducted systems, split systems, evaporative air conditioning, hydronic heating, and other heating options:
- Provides a comprehensive end to end air conditioning service, with a full range of air conditioning services from design, installation to repair and maintenance;
- Provides services to all sectors including commercial, residential and industrial.
- Medium response speeds to customer inquiries by email;
- Consistent positive customer testimonials with a high average of top star ratings.
Our review found Nortan performed outstanding in a number of review categories and was rated as being the top air conditioning installation company in East Melbourne.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, air conditioning installation East Melbourne companies have implemented practices that aim to reduce the chances of viral transmission. Our top-rated installers are taking steps to keep their customers safe:
- Nortan are taking precautions to protect customers and staff, including complying with OH&S standards. Upon the request of customers they are implementing sensible social distancing practices and use of PPE.
- Our Rosanna Heating and Cooling review team communicate with customers to ensure they are comfortable with the approach to be taken.
- Coldflow are using personal protective equipment and are complying with Australian OH&S regulations. The health of all technicians are being monitored.
- McKinnon Heating and Cooling have a Covid-19 policy directed at technicians, sales staff and office staff. McKinnon are doing an excellent job being transparent about their practices during Covid-19 and are aware of the heightened anxiety that everyone is experiencing
- Bradmac is being diligent and taking sensible precautions. They are working with customers and staff, keeping their hands and equipment sanitised and are keeping safe distancing practices.
The Compare Air Conditioning review team found that Nortan offers a highly competitive price range on their air conditioning products and installation service. Their price range was found to be standard pricing range on their air conditioners than the other top 5 air conditioning installation Melbourne companies in the East.
Nortan does offer a little flexibility in their pricing, with the price matching of competitors’ quotes. Pricing matching will only be considered by the team at Nortan if the two quotes match, in terms of air conditioning models and manufacturers and installation requirements.
Even with the standard price range, when matched with the Nortan team’s high quality of workmanship and customer service, makes this company a highly desirable option for Melbourne customers.
The graph below reflects the cost effectiveness ratings given to each of the top 5 air conditioning installation companies in the East Melbourne area. Nortan received the top cost effectiveness rating, which is shared by two of the other top 5 air conditioning installation companies, which possess similar affordable price ranges.
Two other top 5 air conditioning companies, McKinnon Heating & Cooling and Maroondah received the same top rating as Nortan for their standard pricing. The remaining other top 5 companies received lower ratings on their cost effectiveness as the Compare Air Conditioning review team found their pricing to be, on average slightly higher.
Additional findings regarding the cost effectiveness of the other top 5 companies is highlighted below:
- The Coldflow’s team are happy to discuss prices based on customers specific installation needs, and are open to price matching other companies when dealing with like-for-like products after an onsite inspection as well as manufacturers special deals;
- Rosanna Heating and Cooling have an online quote form that is very quick and easy to fill out.
- Coldflow and Maroondah Heating & Cooling both offer interest-free finance options with third party finance companies, which is highly beneficial for customers who are making a major purchase such as buying an air conditioner;
- McKinnon Heating & Cooling, with their standard pricing range on their air conditioners and installation services, do not offer flexibility on their pricing. This is due to their belief that their pricing is already competitive and aim to give their best price from the outset;
- Bradmac Airconditioning did not have the cheapest available option when looking at purchasing and installing an air conditioner, however offered other great features;
The quotation system of East Melbourne-based air conditioning companies was also researched by the Compare Air Conditioning review team. Nortan’s quotation process was found to be solid and well structured when compared with other air conditioning installation companies in the East Melbourne area. Great features of the Nortan’s quotation system include:
- At Nortan, a customer can receive a quote either over the phone, email or through the online contact forms, with four different types of online forms on their website;
- The Nortan review team found the phone to be the fastest way to receive a basic quote, however the Nortan team are also responsive to email requests;
- The quotes received from Nortan are subject to an on-site inspection, which is a standard industry practice and common amongst most air conditioning installation companies.
The Compare Air Conditioning review teams did find variations amongst air conditioning companies in East Melbourne area regarding their quotation process, with some of the differences highlighted below:
- The Coldflow company offers customers a number of different ways to request a quote from their company, with customers being able to ask for a quote either over the phone, by email or by using one of their online forms. This is similar for other top 5 air conditioning installation companies in the East Melbourne area;
- Rosanna Heating and Cooling are best contacted by phone. Their customer service team is very friendly and knowledgeable.
- Coldflow are professional and straightforward about their quotes and pricing, both over the phone, via email and onsite.
- McKinnon Heating & Cooling provides basic quotes with “ball park” figures. As with most air conditioning installation companies, McKinnon Heating & Cooling prefers to conduct a free onsite quote as to be more certain of the expected costing and installation requirements, before making providing a detailed and set quote.
- For the BradMac company, their website has easy ways to request a quote with a “Request a Quote” box on the top of website, which when clicked on takes you to simple Request a Quote questionnaire or the BradMac Airconditioning team can be emailed directly using the email icon at the bottom of the site. However, the phone appears to be the best and most direct method of contact for this company.
Maroondah have a specific policy for apartment buildings, which they prefer to inspect before providing a quote. The reason for this policy is that in their experience, apartment buildings tend to have particular technical requirements which can be difficult to predict.
All of the top 5 air conditioning companies in East Melbourne area excelled in their customer service standards by phone and by email. The Nortan review team contacted the company by email and phone on repeated occasions and found that Nortan’s customer service ratings to be of a very high standard. Their customer service rating was only slightly lower than one of the other top 5 companies in the phone category and similar to one of the other top 5 companies in their email customer service scores.
The graph below shows the Compare Air Conditioning review team’s ratings of customer service, by email and over the phone, for the top 5 Melbourne City-based air conditioning installation companies.
- Rosanna HC
- McKinnon H & C
Nortan great customer service standards were demonstrated in a number of ways:
- Nortan offer customers a full range of heating and cooling solutions and aim to ensure that customers find the best air conditioning solution for their needs;
- The Nortan team were found to be professional at all times and provide genuine and informative responses to customers’ questions and inquiries. Email responses to customers’ inquiries were a more direct style of customer service and with helpful and easy to understand answers;
- Our Nortan review team found that the company’s email response times to inquires and quotes to be of medium speed, with answers generally within 24 hours. A medium response speed is acknowledged by our review team, as being an acceptable and great response time for air conditioning installation companies;
- Customers with Nortan rate their experience and customer service satisfaction highly, with reviews found on Google and other sites. The average satisfaction rating across these sites is 4.25 out of 5 stars, which is a great score and similar to some of our other top 5 East Melbourne -based air conditioning installation companies;
- The company provides most of its services and installations during business hours, however offers an emergency air conditioning repair service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. These emergency repair services are available to residential and commercial properties throughout Melbourne;
- The Compare Air Conditioning review team found that the Nortan team’s focus is really on problem solving and finding the best solution for their customers. This is one of the company’s qualities that sets them apart from other companies;
- The Nortan team prides themselves on being able to offer expert advice to their customers, with excellent products and quality installation.
- Customer testimonials for Nortan were found over a number of online platforms, detailing very positive experiences and with a high overall online satisfaction rating of 4.8/5.
As part of the review process, email responses times for each individual company were recorded and compared. The graph below demonstrates the recorded response times of Nortan and the other top 5 East Melbourne companies to customers’ inquiries via email and time taken to send a quote. Response time speeds were given a rating of between 1 and 5, with scores of 1 indicating very quick response times, generally within 6 hours. On the other end of the scale, with scores of 5, reflected slower responses, which were received usually after 48 hours.
- Response time for quote
- Response time to initial email request
In the review category of customer service, all of the top 5 air conditioning installation Melbourne City-based companies were found to have strong customer service standards. Examples of the high customer service standards include:
- The Coldflow review team recorded prompt response rates for phone and email enquiries, and they also have weekend availability for their services;
- Online customer reviews for BradMac Airconditioning have shown that customers consistently rate their experience with the company highly across multiple online websites;
- The Maroondah team generally acknowledge receiving an online quote request very quickly and are happy to assist customers find the most suitable product in a suitable price-bracket for their needs;
With their customer focus, the McKinnon Heating & Cooling team aim to provide total climate solutions to their customers by delivering the best suited products to give customers the ultimate comfort and total control in their heating and cooling systems.
Nortan supplies and installs a range of air conditioning products and brands, however Daikin and Fujitsu are the company’s most recommended brands because:
- Their demonstrated quality and consistency; and
- Both brands have a great range of air conditioning products, giving customers choice based on their needs and budget.
With our other top 5 East Melbourne-based air conditioning installation companies, our review team found that:
- All of the top 5 East Melbourne air conditioning installation companies are able to supply and install a wide range of leading manufacturers brands, however all companies have their own preferred brands that they recommend to their customers.
- Rosanna Heating and Cooling work with all the major brands in our industry on a regular basis.
- At Coldflow, customers will find that they prefer and recommend three top brands, Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric and Panasonic and the Coldflow team will happy to talk through the pros and cons of different systems.
- BradMac Airconditioning installs many of the leading air conditioning brands, like ActronAir, Braemar, Daikin and Mitsubishi Electric and they are able to service and repair all kinds of air conditioners.
- McKinnon Heating & Cooling offer a great range of heating and cooling solutions such as ducted systems, wall mount split systems, multi head split systems, evaporative air conditioning, hydronic heating, evaporative systems and solar heating and cooling systems.
Customers of Maroondah Heating & Cooling will find that their preferred brands are Daikin and Panasonic.
Technical expertise and experience
All of the top 5 East Melbourne-based air conditioning installation companies all were found to have a high level of technical expertise and knowledge of the air conditioning industry.
The top company for East Melbourne, Nortan has a specialist sales team, who are highly experienced in heating and cooling systems and offer a great range of solutions such as ducted systems, split systems, evaporative air conditioning, hydronic heating, and other heating options. Nortan and their technical team can provide total air conditioning services, with their comprehensive end to end air conditioning service. The company provides complete design solutions, air conditioning installation, service, maintenance and 24/7 breakdown and repair service.
The company prides itself on being certified and registered, including holding an industry required ARC Tick and other industry certifications and licences. For air conditioning companies who have certified and accredited technicians, ensure their services are provided by experienced and capable team members and validates the warranty on their air conditioning system.
Here are some important points to take into account from our top 5 companies:
- The Coldflow company has over 50 years experience in the air conditioning industry, with expert knowledge and understanding the air conditioning units they install, and wide range of products.
- Rosanna Heating and Cooling have been in business since 1944. They are experienced operators.
- McKinnon Heating & Cooling team are experienced in a wide range of heating and cooling systems and offer a great range of solutions such as ducted systems, wall mount split systems, multi head split systems, evaporative air conditioning, hydronic heating, evaporative systems and solar heating and cooling systems.
- The Bradmac reviewed highlight that the Bradmac team have a broad range of technical expertise and experience, with all technical staff qualified and licensed to perform a range of services.
- With 20 years’ experience in the industry, Maroondah Heating & Cooling can install or repair a range of air conditioning systems in commercial and residential buildings, including apartments.
The graph below indicates the warranty guarantee on installation workmanship offered by each of our top 5 air conditioning installation companies in East Melbourne. All of the top 5 air conditioning installation companies offer a 6-year standard warranty on their installation workmanship, except from Bradmac, who offers a 5-year warranty period.
Keeping your home warm during the cold Melbourne winter months is essential. The Compare Air Conditioning team investigated the heating options provided by the top 5 air conditioning installation companies in the East Melbourne area.
Our top company from the East Melbourne area is Nortan, which offers a wide range of heating options including split systems, ducted heating, gas wall heaters, ducted central heating systems, gas underfloor heating, space heaters, hydronic heating and underfloor heating. The Nortan team are experts in designing the right heating system for homes and enjoy working with their customers to find the best heating solutions.
The Nortan team recommends hydronic heating systems as one of the most reliable forms of heating for customers in the South East Melbourne area. Hydronic heating provides a stable heating comfort, however, is one of the more expensive options. The Nortan team also supplies a wide range of leading manufacturers’ brands, which can be tailored to suit customers’ needs and budgets.
Coldflow offers a great range of heating options for their East Melbourne customers with leading brands like Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric, Fujitsu, Toshiba, Braemar and more. They offer the following heating options; ducted gas heating, ducted reverse cycle heating, hydronic heating and split system air conditioning.
The top heating system as recommended by the Coldflow team is gas ducted heating as it is a healthy, energy efficient, and affordable way to heat, which can be easily teamed with an evaporative cooling system. the company prefers is Braemar, as they are an Australian-made brand with a long 7-year warranty protection.
For smaller spaces or for low cost and simple installations, the Coldflow team recommend installing leading brand, Daikin split systems air conditioners. The team believes Daikin to be the best air conditioners available in Australia, and are energy efficient, technically advanced. However for specific advice, the Coldflow team recommends booking an onsite visit, to assess your property and discuss your needs and circumstances.
McKinnon Heating & Cooling
The team at McKinnon Heating & Cooling are heating specialists. They can supply and install the following heating systems, gas ducted heating, hydronic heating, reverse cycle ducted heating, space heating, gas log fires, wall furnaces, gas heaters and solar heating.
The McKinnon Heating & Cooling team specialise in hydronic heating and believe that it is the best heating option for East Melbourne customers. They also specialise in gas ducted heating and prefer to supply and install leading brands such as Brivis, Braemar and Lennox.
Even with their heating recommendations, the company stresses it is impossible to recommend without seeing the property first. There are many factors to consider when selecting or recommending the best heating system and the McKinnon Heating & Cooling team like to conduct a free onsite appraisal, before giving their expert advice.
The Bradmac team is a great choice of company to handle customers’ heating requirements from beginning to end. Bradmac offers their residential customers hydronic heating, gas ducted heating and split systems.
The Bradmac team’s top heating recommendation for their East Melbourne customers is a gas ducted system, as it provides great heating coverage and cost efficiency. Their preferred brand for gas ducted heating is Braemar, due to its great reputation.
The team at Bradmac prefer to work directly off floorplans or to conduct an onsite visit before giving any specific heating recommendations. They prefer to give customers a number of suitable options and brands to choose from. Individual preferences and heating usage can directly affect the type of heating system, as well as budget constraints and installation considerations.
Maroondah Heating and Cooling
Maroondah Heating and Cooling offers a range of heating systems including gas ducted heating, reverse cycle ducted systems, hydronic heating and reverse cycle split systems, which allows for different heating choices for customers.
The top recommendation for effective and efficient heating from the Maroondah Heating and Cooling team is ducted gas heating. They believe it is the best option for South East Melbourne customers and prefer Braemar or Brivis brands range of products.
However, the other heating systems for customers could also be options depending on their situation and needs. The Maroondah Heating and Cooling team also install hydronic underfloor heating, which is a popular choice for customers who are renovating or building but can also be installed in existing and new homes. Reverse cycle ducted systems can also provide effective total home comfort for both heating and cooling, with the team preferring Panasonic and Daikin products. Their range of split system air conditioners from leading brand Panasonic and Daikin are great options to heat and cool smaller spaces room and come in a variety of models.
Check out our top 5 air con installers in other Australian cities via our home page.