Optima is the best value air conditioning installation Melbourne company
Taking into consideration all the key factors, Optima is currently the leading air conditioning installation Melbourne company. While other air conditioning installation companies in Melbourne also excelled in certain categories, the overall offering from Optima is currently the best in the market.
This was based on their:
- Competitive prices;
- Technical expertise in installing a broad range of air conditioning products and leading brands;
- High levels of responsiveness both by phone and email;
- Flexibility in providing a quote, either online through their website’s enquiry form, over the phone or in person via a free, no-obligation on-site visit;
- Consistently high satisfaction ratings from customers; and
- Experience in the industry.
Optima is able to find an air conditioning solution for every customer, no matter the complexity of the installation or the type of dwelling.
Optima has very competitive prices that are generally lower or equal to other air conditioning installation Melbourne companies.
Their prices are relatively steady all year round. Optima prefer to give customers the best possible price from the very beginning, rather than relying on discounts or price match guarantees.
The graph below demonstrates our rankings in relation to the relative cost effectiveness of each of our top 5 air conditioning installation companies in Melbourne. Optima performed strongly in this respect.
Our team found during their Optima review that Optima’s quotation system also ranks well against its competitors. We found it to be a smooth process and pain-free. In particular,
- Optima provides you with an easily understandable and itemised quote;
- They generally respond to a request for a quote quicker than other Melbourne-based air conditioning installation companies, usually within 24 hours; and
- Their quote includes all related or “hidden” costs.
It is industry practice for an initial quote by phone or email to be subject to an on-site inspection.
We note that each of our other top 5 air conditioning installation Melbourne companies offer excellent value and competitive prices.
Here are some price-related highlights from the other top 5 companies:
- Our Maroondah Heating and Cooling review team found that Maroondah’s prices are very competitive relative to its competitors. They offer their best price from the beginning.
- Our review team found during its Cold Flow review that Cold Flow sometimes offer a volume discount if a customer installs multiple units in their home. The sales team are helpful and are willing to assist customers to access promotions or cash backs offered by the manufacturers from time-to-time.
- Our team’s All Climate Solutions review found this they are open to volume discounts, reducing the price slightly if a customer installs multiple units in their home.
- Ezy Air are willing to provide customers with indicative pricing over the phone, however their sales team suggest emailing photos of your switchboard and the relevant rooms in which you are seeking to install air conditioning in order to provide a more accurate quote. The sales team will then provide a clear and competitive quote shortly after.
- Cold Flow, All Climate Solutions, Ezy Air and Maroondah offer financing options, including an offer currently of up to 24-months interest-free finance (subject to certain conditions). This involves a discussion over the phone with the finance partner and eligibility is generally assessed during that initial phone discussion.
- Cold Flow and Ezy Air are sometimes willing to price match a cheaper quote from a competitor company, subject to an on-site inspection, and the other quote being truly like-for-like.
After repeated test calls, we found Optima’s customer service particularly impressive compared to the other Melbourne-based air conditioning installation companies.
The graph below shows the Compare Air Conditioning team’s ratings of customer service, by email and over the phone.
- All Climate
- Ezy Air
This is demonstrated in a number of ways:
- Optima is able to find an air conditioning solution for every customer, no matter the complexity of the installation or the type of dwelling.
- Optima’s sales representatives are well-informed and able to respond to a broad variety of difficult questions. We found them to be polite, attentive and professional.
- The sales team are particularly helpful for those customers who are not certain about which air conditioning product will suit their needs. They offer advice and recommendations about various alternatives.
- Optima’s sales team are easy to contact over the phone and typically have someone friendly and knowledgeable who is able to speak with you either immediately or calls you back within an hour or two. We found that smaller Melbourne-based air conditioning installation companies are sometimes unable to respond quickly to queries because they are out on a job or attending to other customers.
- Optima have very strong satisfaction ratings from online reviews, averaging around 4.4/5.
The graph below reveals how quickly Optima and our other top 5 companies respond to an initial email sent to the sales team, and the time taken before sending back a quote. 1 indicates a very quick response (within 6 hours), all the way through to 5, which represents a slower response, within 24 – 48 hours.
- Response time for quote
- Response time to initial email request
Ultimately, each of our top 5 air conditioning installation Melbourne companies have shown themselves to be exceedingly strong customer service. For example,
- If you seek a quote through their website, the Cold Flow sales representatives go beyond simply providing you with a quote. They provide you with their direct number and encourage you to call them to discuss your air conditioning quote further, or book in a free no-obligation on-site visit from one of the Cold Flow installation experts.
- All Climate Solutions dedicated sales team are knowledgeable and helpful and respond to questions quickly and concisely. They respond to a quotation request quickly, usually within 24 – 48 hours.
- During our team’s Ezy Air review, we found that their sales representatives keep customers constantly apprised of any updates or issues that arise, and their approach to customer service has a personal touch. Ezy Air receives consistently high customer satisfaction ratings from online reviews, averaging around 4.9/5.
- Maroondah Heating & Cooling prefer to interact with customers by phone and offer strong customer service. The Maroondah team emphasises that it strive to provide the highest quality service, installing air conditioning right the first time, without fuss
Optima are able to install all leading air conditioning brands and are prepared to be guided by the customer’s brand preference. That being said, for wall hung split systems, Optima prefer and recommend Daikin and are a Club Daikin dealer. According to Optima, they prefer Daikin because:
- the installation experts find them to be high quality, reliable and do not require a lot of ongoing maintenance; and
- the sales team receives strong positive feedback (and few complaints) in respect of Daikin.
With respect of our other top 5 Melbourne-based air conditioning installation companies, we note that:
- Cold Flow has particularly strong relationships with the air conditioning manufacturers and, as such, are able to install a very broad variety of air conditioning brands. Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric and Panasonic are their 3 top selling brands.
- All Climate Solutions recommend Lennox, Panasonic or Daikin for split system units, but find Daikin to be the best in the market.
- Ezy Air recommend installing Fujitsu, Toshiba and Mistubishi, while Maroondah Heating and Cooling prefer Daikin and Panasonic.
Technical expertise and experience
Each of our top 5 air conditioning installation Melbourne companies have a high level of technical expertise and impressive experience in the industry.
We were particularly impressed with Optima’s ability to find an air conditioning solution to even the most complex jobs. They offer 6 years’ installation guarantee. Optima does all kinds of air conditioning solutions for all kinds of homes. Optima does install air conditioning solutions in apartments, and are willing to assess and quote for any job, though their sales team do note that on occasion they have not accepted a job in an apartment building if the building has a strong existing relationship with an installation company that knows that particular apartment building well.
Important points to note from our top 5 companies:
- Cold Flow has a blanket policy that it will not install air conditioners in apartments. Established in 1966, they are a very experienced team.
- All Climate Solutions was established in 2007 and has very strong technical expertise.
- Ezy Air present themselves as the split system specialists. They do not install evaporative, hydronic or boiler heating products. Maroondah Heating and Cooling do not install boiler heating products.
- All the air conditioning installation companies in Melbourne we surveyed had fully qualified technicians and an ARCtick license.
The graph below indicates the installation guarantee offered by each of our top 5 air conditioning installation companies in Melbourne.
View the top 5 air conditioning installation companies in other cities by using the search filters on the Compare Air Conditioning home page.