Ford & Doonan is the best value air conditioning installation company in Perth
After extensive reviews and comparisons our team has narrowed down what we believe to be the top 5 air conditioning installation Perth companies. After taking into consideration multiple key factors, our team has found that Ford & Doonan is currently the leader in installing air conditioning in Perth.
While the other top 5 companies excelled certain categories, it is what Ford & Doonan can offer overall that makes them the best option when choosing an air conditioning installation company in Perth.
This was based on their:
- competitive prices;
- easily comprehensible quote within 24 hours of a request;
- service to a wide range of locations;
- broad range of high quality air conditioning products and solutions;
- confidence in recommending a variety of air conditioning options to suit their customer’s needs;
- professionalism, availability by phone and email and friendly customer service; and
- technical expertise and industry experience.
After taking into consideration multiple key factors, our team has found that Ford & Doonan is currently the leader in installing air conditioning in Perth
Ford & Doonan offer very competitive prices in comparison to other air conditioning installation companies in Perth. The ways in which Ford & Doonan exceeded our quoting expectations in relation to its competitors are as follows:
- Ford & Doonan provides you with an easily comprehensible quote within 24 hours of a request.
- They offer basic pricing information and alternative unit options to ensure you have all the information need to make an informed decision.
- Ford & Doonan provide you with a direct contact number should you wish to follow up with any questions or queries in relation to their quote. This number allows you to contact the consultant who initially provided you with a quote, ensuring the person who helped with your enquiry answers any follow up questions you may have about the air conditioning installation process.
Other price-related notable points from Ford and Doonan are:
- Ford & Doonan are willing to match the price of other companies providing it is submitted to Ford & Doonan in writing and that the price being matched relates to the same air conditioning solution, unit, service, and guarantee.
- Ford & Doonan are able to help their customer’s access “deals” on certain air conditioning products at the manufacturers discretion.
- Ford & Doonan are also able to offer an attractive interest free financing options – for those who are unable to pay the entire amount upfront.
Notable price-related features from our other top 5 Perth-based air conditioning installation companies are set out below:
- Our Jeff Mouritz’ Gas & Air Conditioning review found this company is extremely transparent with their quotation, explaining the potential extra costs of additions such as wall brackets, lifting machines and extra labour. However, the initial email quotation can be slightly convoluted and at points difficult to understand.
- Our Air Conditioning WA review team found that this company provides a comprehensive, itemised quote within 48 hours. The quotation included current promotional information and financing options.
- Our Austec Electrical review team found this company is able to provide a succinct, itemised quote within 72 hours. It is worth noting however that their pricing does not include GST and they do not offer financing options.
- Our All Air Services review team found this company to be a busy one, yet they generally respond to your enquiry and provide a quotation within the week. Their easy-to-read itemised quote breaks down the price so that you know exactly what you’re paying for.
Based on our test calls, we found that all of our top 5 Perth-based air conditioning installation companies offer great customer service. Yet, Ford & Doonan stood out in this regard.
- Ford & Doonan
- Jeff Mouritz
- All Air
- Air Con WA
Ford & Doonan’s customer service skills are evident in the following features:
- There are many stores across Western Australia, which means there is likely to be a local store in your area, allowing for more convenient and regular interactions with the technicians.
- Ford & Doonan have sales consultants who provide their direct email addresses and number to allow for follow up questions. This is an excellent service allowing for quick and easy communication.
- Ford & Doonan are a large and well-organised business, which means that within their team they have several people who can attend to your questions. We found their reception staff, sales team and technicians to be friendly and communicable.
- Response time for quote
- Response time to initial email request
When it comes to professionalism and customer interactions, we found that each company in our top 5 are willing to go above and beyond to meet customers’ needs. We note that:
- Our Jeff Mouritz review team found that this company are very attentive to customer’s needs. From the initial point of contact they ask for your contact details in order to patiently talk you through all of the air conditioning installation options. They are also willing to respond to requests and queries by email, however during our review we received responses to a single enquiry from multiple people within the business. While this showed great initiative and eagerness to assist, we found this to be a little confusing and suggests a break down in internal communication.
- The Air Conditioning WA sales team are professional, confident and friendly when addressing enquiries and concerns. We found that it is best to call this Perth-based air conditioning installation company because emails can occasionally get lost in their spam folder.
- Austec Electrical have a friendly reception and sales team who can quickly respond to requests, usually within 2 hours. While the reception staff could not answer technical questions, they are helpful in directing customer calls to a member of the technical team who can. Austec Electrical prefer to do an on-site inspection before giving customers a precise quote.
- The team at All Air Services are very professional and have a formal approach to customer service. We found that the reception staff could not respond to technical questions, yet they would pass on a customer’s details to either the sales team or the technicians. Both the sales team and the technicians are accessible and patient in answering a customers’ questions.
Ford & Doonan, our number one choice for air conditioning installation in Perth, are able to install many premium brands including Mitsubishi Electric, Panasonic, Samsung or ActronAir. That being said, because Ford & Doonan have many stores across Western Australia, the specific brands that they offer can vary from store to store.
- Ford & Doonan recommend and prefer to install either Diakin or Hitachi systems, though (as noted above) there range and preferences can vary store to store
- Our Ford and Doonan review team found that this company supply and install all cooling solutions, including Evaporative cooling
Ultimately, each of our top 5 air conditioning installation Perth companies, have a wide range of premium brand products on offer. We found that these companies will typically recommend the brand and system that they believe will best suit your individual requirements. For example:
- Jeff Mouritz’ Gas & Air Conditioning expressed a preference for several brands including: Fujitsu, Bonaire, Actron Air, Samsung, Panasonic, Toshiba and Carrier. They also suggested installing a ducted system where possible and appropriate.
- 3 out of our top 5 recommended air conditioning installation companies in Perth – Air Conditioning WA, Austec Electrical, and Jeff Mouritz’ Gas & Air Conditioning –nominate Fujitsu as one of their preferred brand.
- Air Conditioning WA primarily install Daikin, Fujitsu, LG, Panasonic and Advantage Air, but are willing to install any other brand depending on the customer’s preference.
- Austec Electrical provide all leading air conditioning brands, yet they predominantly install Samsung, Panasonic, Fujitsu and Hitachi.
- All Air Services prefer to install Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Daikin, Actron Air and LG.
Technical expertise and experience
Established in 1986, Ford & Doonan is one of the most reputable air conditioning installation companies in Perth. With 31 years of industry experience, their technical expertise is demonstrated in their extensive knowledge on air conditioning installation.
- Ford & Doonan offer a 12-month installation warranty and a 5 year manufacturer warranty.
- They have branches in Kardinya (Head Office), West Perth, Canning Vale, Osborne Park, Morley, Joondalup, Midland, while also having several regional stores in Mandurah, Busselton and Bunbury.
Overall, our top 5 recommend air conditioning installation companies in Perth provide valuable technical expertise and lengthy experience in the industry. Notable features include:
- Jeff Mouritz’ Gas & Air Conditioning is the longest running air conditioning installation company in Perth out of our top 5 recommendations. Established in 1978 they offer 39 years of industry experience.
- All of our top 5 air conditioning installation Perth companies have the expertise to be able to offer less common systems like evaporative cooling. Air Conditioning WA and Jeff Mouritz’ GAS&AIR also offer ducted gas heating.
- None of our top 5 recommended air conditioning installation Perth companies offer hydronic or boiler systems
- With respect to Air Conditioning WA, we note that they only do installation, not repair. They were established in 1999 and provide a 3-year installation warranty.
- Both Austec Electrical and Jeff Mouritz’ Gas & Air Conditioning offer a 5-year installation warranty.
- The director of Austec Electrical has outstanding technical knowledge. He is able to provide technical responses to customers with really useful information.
- All Air Services has established considerable expertise across both residential and commercial air conditioning installation services.
View the top 5 air con companies in other cities around Australia by using the search filters on our home page.