Morphett Air Conditioning is the best value air conditioning installation company in Adelaide
Based upon our assessment of several top companies in the area, we believe that Morphett Air Conditioning is the leading air conditioning installation Adelaide company.
It is clear form our investigation that the top 5 companies all offer outstanding value in certain key components of air conditioning installation. Yet, currently Morphett Air Conditioning offers the best overall value to customers in the market in a range of ways.
For example, we were particularly impressed with their:
- ability to quickly provide a clear and competitively priced quote;
- knowledgeable staff who are helpful from the initial point of contact;
- capacity to install a broad range of leading air conditioning brands;
- extensive experience working in the industry and outstanding technical expertise; and
- their offer of a 10-year installation warranty, which is significantly longer than the market average.
Yet, currently Morphett Air Conditioning offers the best overall value to customers in the market in a range of ways.
The Covid-19 pandemic has impacted how we interact with one another. Installers in Adelaide are undertaking practices to protect the health of customers and technicians and reduce the chances of Covid-19 transmission.
We checked in with our top-rated installers and found that the top installers are taking steps to act compatibly with guidance from the federal and state governments:
- Morphett Air work with nursing homes so are aware of the importance of OH&S practice and implementing it. They can work from floor plans and still also come out on site to quote if that’s OK with their customers. Their team has had flu shots and they are practicing distancing and hygiene, including sanitising tools.
- Rite Price technicians are trained in Covid-19 practice and use PPE. They aim to reduce contact as much as possible and will not send out anyone who might be ill. They ask customers to inform them if anyone on the site they are visiting might be sick or in isolation.
- Glenelg Air are still operating as usual but with more caution. They are hand washing, social distancing, using masks where possible.
- Climat technicians are washing hands with warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds before and after meeting and maintaining a safe physical distance of 1.5m apart. Our usual handshake greeting is temporarily on hold. Equipment use onsite will be wiped down before and after / site visits. Technicians will wear (P2) mask (or other) and rubber gloves; staff are also provided with anti-bacterial spray.
Morphett Air Conditioning provided a clear and competitively priced quotation, making them a great choice for air conditioning installation in Adelaide.
Notable features from Morphett Air Conditioning include:
- Morphett Air Conditioning offers a formal quote that is very clear and easy to understand. Their quote includes the terms of payment and specific details about the warranty given. The quote also sets out potential extra costs, thereby reducing the risk of being shocked by “hidden” costs down the track
- their competitive prices. Morphett Air Conditioning was not the absolute cheapest of our top 5 recommended air conditioning installation companies, yet their price is generally low compared to other air conditioning installation companies in Adelaide.
- their willingness to provide information about potential cash back options;
The graph below illustrates the relative cost effectiveness of our top 5 air conditioning installation companies in Adelaide
All of our top 5 air conditioning companies in Adelaide offer prices that are generally low or within the normal price range as compared to other Adelaide based companies. For example:
- Climat offers affordable pricing on their brands and service. Their prices are generally on par or lower than standard market prices.
- Rite Price Heating and Cooling is generally the cheapest of our top 5 air conditioning installation Adelaide companies. They provided a concise quote that clearly explains promotions and cash back options.
- Our Glenelg Air review team found that this company offers an old-fashioned handwritten quote, which did add a personal touch. However, the quote was slightly difficult to comprehend. Glenelg Air require a $500 deposit that customers must pay within 14 days of installation.
- Our Joe Cools review found this company have transparent and competitive pricing, without any unnecessary up-selling policy
Following numerous test calls, we found that each of the top 5 air conditioning installation Adelaide companies prioritise customer service. That being said, Morphett Air Conditioning’s customer service experience was outstanding. Morphett Air Conditioning are an honest company, frequently providing succinct and accurate responses to any questions that were asked.
- Rite Price
- Glenelg Air
- Joe Cools
Our Morphett Air Conditioning review team found that this company exhibited their customer service skills in a number of ways:
- They have knowledgeable staff who are helpful from the initial point of contact. They try their best to be helpful and responsive. This is a family run business, and each person in the family are knowledgeable about the air conditioning systems they install.
- We found Morphett Air Conditioning to be helpful in arranging a quotation that suits their customers’ needs. The sales staff at Morphett Air are warm and polite.
- They do not generally take standard installation requests on weekends. They may be able to be flexible in this respect in emergency situations.
- Response time for quote
- Response time to initial email request
Overall, all of the top 5 Adelaide-based air conditioning installation companies provided high quality customer service. In particular:
- Our Climat review discovered that Climat has an established formal financing option for their customers, with a third party lending company, Positive Lending Solutions.
- Our Joe Cools review found the technicians working at this company have an in depth understanding of air conditioning installation and can respond to questions thoughtfully.
- Our Rite Price Heating and Cooling review team found that this company offers quality customer service and their staff are polite and succinct. The team is knowledgeable about air conditioning installation in Adelaide. When you call Rite Price Heating and Cooling they take the time to thoroughly answer your questions and explain products in a clear and precise manner.
- We recommended calling Glenelg Air instead of emailing in order to get a quote sent to you as quickly as possible. The experience over the phone with their sales staff was very good.
Morphett Air Conditioning, our top choice for air conditioning installation in Adelaide, are able to install a broad range of leading air conditioning brands and take the time to explain the benefits of various products. That being said, Morphett Air Conditioning prefer to install and recommend Daikin. This recommendation is based on their experience with this brand, which they found to be extremely reliable.
The top 5 air conditioning installation companies in Adelaide offer a wide range of premium brands.
- Climat’s technical expertise is evident in the knowledgeable staff, who are able to answer customer questions confidently and with detail.
- Glenelg Air and Rite Price Heating and Cooling all offer evaporative cooling and Ducted Heating.
- Our Morphett Air Conditioning review found that this company purports to be the reverse cycle specialists in air conditioning installation Adelaide
- Joe Cools installs the leading air conditioning brands, including Daikin and Mitsubishi Electric
Technical expertise and experience
All of our top 5 Adelaide-based air conditioning installation companies have extensive experience working in the industry and outstanding technical expertise. In particular, our Morphett Air Conditioning review found that the team were very professional. Most note-worthy features include:
- Morphett Air Conditioning offer a 5-year installation warranty, which is the market average.
- Morphett Air Conditioning has valuable experience in the industry, established in 1971 they have been operating for 46 years
The other top 5 recommended air conditioning installation Adelaide companies have shown a long-standing commitment to high quality technical expertise. Below we have listed some specific highlights:
- Climat technicians are fully certified and insured and pride themselves on creating great service and quality workmanship in air conditioning solutions for homes and businesses.
- Rite Price Heating and Cooling also offer a 10-year installation warranty, this a significant feature making them a great option when choosing an air conditioning installation company in Adelaide.
- Established in 2002, Glenelg Air offers 15 years of Adelaide based air conditioning installation experience, and a 5-year workmanship warranty.
- Joe Cools offer a standard 5 year manufacturer’s warranty on the air conditioning unit
The graph below indicates the installation guarantee offered by our top 5 Adelaide-based air conditioning installation companies.
The Compare Air Conditioning Team put together a quick guide of heating options provided by the top air conditioning installation companies in the Adelaide area. Due to Adelaide having warm, sunny weather and low-humidity year-round climate, many of the companies recommended a heating option that also included a cooling feature as well.
Morphett Air offers split system heating and ducted heating systems for residential and commercial customers. The company recommends a ducted reverse cycle air conditioning system as the best heating option for Adelaide customers. The benefit of the reverse cycle ducted system is that it also provides cooling, which suits the Adelaide weather, whilst providing stable and constant air conditioning. The company’s recommended brand for ducted reverse cycle air conditioning is Rinnai, as they describe it as being great value for money and reliable brand.
For the heating of smaller spaces and rooms, the Morphett Air team recommends installing single or multi-system reverse cycle split systems, with Daikin being the preferred brand.
Rite Price Heating and Cooling
Rite Price heating and Cooling offers ducted heating (Braemar) and ducted gas heating, ducted reserve cycle heating (Toshiba, Mistubishi Electric, Carrier, Actron and Braemar) and split systems (Toshiba, Mitsubishi Electric, Carrier and Braemar). They also can install Braemar gas wall furnaces and wood heaters.
The Rite Price Heating and Cooling team recommends a ducted heating system, which can be either powered by gas or electricity, as their best heating option for Adelaide customers. Their preferred brand for ducted heating is Braemar, as they believe it is a superior choice based on its value for money and reliability.
For Adelaide customers who are looking for both a heating and cooling option, the Rite Price Heating and Cooling team recommend a ducted reverse cycle system from Mitsubishi Electric.
Glenelg Air offers only Daikin heating options to their customers, which includes ducted reserves cycle air conditioners and splits systems. They also have Daikin VRV (variable refrigerant volume) systems, which are quiet and discreet multi-split type air conditioners, which are specially designed for commercial buildings.
The team strives to understand the needs of customers and deliver the best heating solutions for their individual customer needs. Their preferred heating option is a Daikin ducted reverse cycle air conditioner, which provides whole house heating and cooling coverage and discreet outlets. For customers on a tighter budget, their range of Daikin wall split systems are the perfect heating solution and the team can offer a range of great value quality systems in a variety of configurations.
Climat’s heating options offered by the company include Rinnai gas space and fires, ducted gas heating, reverse cycle split systems and ducted reserve cycle air conditioning systems.
The Climat team believe a ducted reverse cycle air conditioning system is best suited to the Adelaide climate, as it provides both heating and cooling. A ducted system also has fixed stable coverage all over the house and does not blow air like split systems. They recommend Rinnai as they believe that it is an effective and value for money brand option. For customers looking for leading brands, the Climat team recommends Mitsubishi Electric and Daikin ducted air conditioning units, which generally carry a higher price tag.
Check out our top 5 air con installation companies in the other major cities across Australia using the filters on our home page.