Lakeside Air is the best value air conditioning installation company in Newcastle
It is evident from our investigation that the top 5 companies we have selected offer great overall value to their customers. However, Lakeside Air stood out compared to the other top 5 air conditioning installation Newcastle companies. This was based on the following considerations:
- Lakeside Air is generally the cheapest air conditioning installation company in Newcastle of our top 5 companies;
- Lakeside Air provides honest and reliable customer service;
- Their responsiveness by phone and email;
- They are the only air conditioning installation company in Newcastle that can install ducted heating, hydronic boiler and steam boiler systems; and
- There impressive technical skill and expertise as Daikin dealers.
However, Lakeside Air stood out compared to the other top 5 air conditioning installation Newcastle companies.
Out of our top 5 recommendations, our Lakeside Air review team found this company to currently be the cheapest air conditioning installation company in Newcastle. We found that Lakeside Air were excellent at responding quickly to emails in comparison to other companies.
Lakeside Air also stood out based on the following features:
- They provide a concise email quote that includes relevant considerations when looking at installing air conditioning in Newcastle.
- Lakeside Air reviews customers’ floor plans and provides a personalised quote. Their quote offers various alternatives and options which allows customers to select what suits them at a price point that is comfortable for them.
- We found that they take the time to explain why certain air conditioning systems are difficult/or not possible to install and conversely, are willing to recommend the best and most practical air conditioning solution to suit the customer’s needs.
The Compare Air Conditioning team knows that customers value competitive prices when looking to install air conditioning. That is why the top 5 companies that we have selected all offer prices within or lower than the market average.
Other features which are worthy of consideration include the following points:
- When considering financing options both Coolrite Air Conditioning and NewAge Air Conditioning offer finance through GE Money. Our Valley Air Conditioning review team found that they also offers financing.
- Our Coolrite Air Conditioning review team found their quote to be neatly itemised and includes discounts that they are currently offering.
- Newcastle-based air conditioning installation company Fernair provide an email quote that is concise and includes important points such as model numbers of the units recommended and the basic inclusions that are included in their price.
- Our NewAge Air Conditioning review found this company provides an outstanding quote that is extremely comprehensive. Their quotation sets out which cash back options are currently available as well as any current promotions that the company is offering. However, out of our top 5 recommended air conditioning installation companies in Newcastle NewAge Air Conditioning was slightly more expensive.
- Valley Air Conditioning provide a clear quote that is easily understandable. They are happy to quote for any system that the client desires, however they helpfully are willing to recommend the system they believe would work best in the client’s home. For example, if the client asks for back-to-back split system air conditioning solution, they are also happy to explain the benefits of a multi head system.
Lakeside Air, our number one choice for air conditioning installation in Newcastle, provides honest and reliable customer service.
- Our Lakeside Air review team found this company to be very responsive by email and are particularly helpful through this form of correspondence. We found that they responded quickly and generally replied within 24 hours to any follow up queries from customers.
- The Compare Air Conditioning team found Lakeside Air to be both knowledgeable and honest. For example, during our test calls they explained in detail why a split system might not be appropriate given the floor plan provided. The Lakeside Air team then proceeded to offer viable alternatives.
- Lakeside Air’s staff are polite and helpful, and provide relevant information to aid in the resolution of customer’s queries.
- Response time for quote
- Response time to initial email request
We found that our top 5 recommended air conditioning installation Newcastle companies all place an emphasis on great customer service.
- Coolrite Air Conditioning is very willing to answer customers’ questions and provide their direct contact number for any follow up queries. We found this Newcastle-based air conditioning installation company to be friendly over the phone and patient over the phone.
- Our team was impressed with the polite customer service that Fernair provides. Our Fernair review team found that when communicating with Fernair you speak to a technician who is knowledgeable, helpful and can provide an in depth explanation of the services they provide.
- We found NewAge Air Conditioning to be accommodating and aware of customers’ needs. We found their staff to be knowledgeable about products and solutions. In particular, they are able to provide a quote quickly to suit customers’ preference. NewAge Air Conditioning provides a direct phone number so the person who gives you an initial quote can answer any follow up questions. They do weekend work by appointment after hours and on weekends, which is useful for those who work full time.
- Our Valley Air Conditioning review team found that this company is slower than the other top 5 companies at responding to initial requests. That being said, once in contact with this air conditioning installation company in Newcastle they are helpful and want to ensure customers have a good customer experience. In particular, you are generally speaking to the same person who provided you with the initial quote and they are able to answer questions and expand on relevant information. Valley Air Conditioning also offers a free on-site inspection and are aware of current regulations that might impact the job.
Lakeside air – our number one air conditioning installation Newcastle company – are Daikin dealers, who are specialists in installing this premium air conditioning brand. Lakeside Air prefers Daikin as they have a long history using this product and a low number of reported issues post installation.
Out of the top 5 recommendations Lakeside air is the only air conditioning installation company in Newcastle that can install ducted heating, hydronic and boiler. They do not install evaporative cooling.
We found that the top 5 recommended air conditioning installation Newcastle companies offer an extensive range of products.
- Excluding Lakeside Air, none of our top 5 companies install ducted heating, hydronic boiler, steam boiler or evaporative systems.
- For split systems, Coolrite Air Conditioning recommend Daikin and Mitsubishi Electric, although they also install Temperzone, Fujitsu and Hitachi
- Fernair strongly recommends and only installs Actron Air units. They are very confident in the Actron Air brand and are willing to provide a competitor installation company’s contact details if you are looking for a different system.
- NewAge Air Conditioning recommend installing either Mitsubishi Electric or ActronAir. They can also install other brands including Daikin, Fujitsu, LG, Braemar, Panasonic, Carrier and Toshiba.
- Valley Air Conditioning recommend Fujitsu, Hitachi, Daikin, ActronAir or Samsung as their preferred brands. They can also install Mitsubishi Electric upon request.
Technical expertise and experience
Established in 2007 Lakeside Air, our top choice for air conditioning installation in Newcastle offer quality technical experience.
- Lakeside Air has over a decade of familiarity with the Newcastle air conditioning installation market.
- The Compare Air Conditioning team was impressed by the breadth of service Lakeside Air offers. Installing all major air conditioning solutions including hydronic boilers, with the exception of Evaporative cooling.
- Notably Lakeside Air offers a 5-year warranty on labour, which is at the higher end of warranties offered in this market.
Overall, each of our top 5 air conditioning installation Newcastle companies are highly accomplished businesses that can offer years of technical expertise, we note that:
- Coolrite Air Conditioning offer a 1-year installation warranty.
- Coolrite Air Conditioning established in 1978, are the longest running company out of our top 5 recommendations. Coolrite Air Conditioning offers a 1-year installation warranty.
- Fernair established in 1994. They do not have a formal warranty period, however they do assure customers that it will repair installation defects without charge.
- Established in 1999, NewAge Air Conditioning offers a 5-year installation warranty.
- Valley Air Conditioning established in 2009, offer a 2-year installation warranty. The 2-year installation warranty is extendable to 5 years conditional on annual maintenance through them. Valley Air Conditioning also offers an optional 5-year installation warranty upon installation.
View the best air conditioning installation companies in other major cities that we have reviewed from all around Australia by using the drop down filters on our home page.