Voltair Electrical & Airconditioning is the best value air conditioning installation company in Canberra
Overall, we found from our extensive review that all the top 5 companies provide great value in certain key considerations of air conditioning installation. Yet, currently the best air conditioning installation company in Canberra is Voltair Electrical & Airconditioning. We found that they offer excellent service and value to their customers.
This was based on their:
- prices, which are very competitive;
- excellent quote, that is clearly set out and itemised;
- willingness to go above and beyond to ensure quality customer service;
- quick response to requests for a quote;
- friendly and helpful staff;
- ability to install a range of leading air conditioning brands; and
- experience in the industry.
Yet, currently the best air conditioning installation company in Canberra is Voltair Electrical & Airconditioning.
The Covid-19 pandemic has impacted how we interact with one another. Installers in Canberra are implementing practices to protect the health of customers and technicians. We checked in with our top-rated Canberra installers and found that the top installers are taking steps to act compatibly with guidance from the federal government:
- Voltair is taking all precautions to protect their technicians and customers such as social distancing and sanitising, including any special requests from customers.
- Bramik is also taking sensible precautions and will work with customers during this period to ensure customers are comfortable and safe
- Full Airconditioned are using gloves, sanitising spray, wiping down any surfaces they come into contact with. They are sending technicians home if they be sniffly or showing signs of illness
- Delta check if any household members are unwell or has anyone had any Covid 19 contact or been overseas recently. If that’s all clear they will proceed using precautions such as masks and sanitising.
- The Air Conditioning and Heating Centre are sanitising, practicing social distancing and asking that no extra people be in the house. Technicians are hand washing before and after being at a property. They can do an initial quote without coming to site, suggesting that customers send floor plans, pictures of the switch board and inside / outside of the house.
Our Voltair Electrical & Airconditioning review found that this company provided a competitively priced quotation that is generally lower than the current market average. Their quotations system was excellent in comparison to other air conditioning installation companies in Canberra.
The graph below illustrates the relative cost effectiveness of our top 5 air conditioning installation companies in Canberra
Some of Voltiar Electrical & Air Conditioning’s more notable price-related features are as follows:
- They provide an itemised quote that is excellently presented. Their quote is set out clearly making it easy to read and comprehend.
- Our Voltair review team found that this company require a 30% deposit when choosing to install one of the air conditioning systems
- They offer prices for a number of basic back-to-back installation.
- Voltair does not currently offer financing options
- Voltair Electrical & Airconditioning was not the absolute cheapest out of our top 5 recommended air conditioning installation Canberra companies, yet their prices are relatively low and very competitive compared to the market average.
We found that all of our top 5 air conditioning installation companies in Canberra provided customers with a competitively quoted price. We found that in relation to price:
- Our Fully Airconditioned review team found that this company require a 25% deposit and Delta Air Conditioning and Heating require a 20% deposit when choosing to proceed with their air conditioning installation companies in Canberra.
- Fully Airconditioned provided a great quote that include 3 different brand options, each with a different price, this gives customers an indication of the various options they have. Their quotes also expressly include a few non-typical inclusions, such as colorbond top-hat pipe covers, electrical and wall brackets for mounting on exterior walls.
- Our Delta Air Conditioning and Heating review team found that their initial quote provided is quite simple. They offer a more precise quote after an on-site inspection.
- Our Air Conditioning and Heating Centre review team found this company offer competitive price, yet we suggest calling them, as they were not responsive to email requests.
- Bramik Air is currently the cheapest of our top 5 recommended air conditioning installation companies in Canberra. We found their quote to be simple and clear including several unit options and the brands that they recommend.
All of the top 5 air conditioning installation companies in Canberra offer quality customer service. Yet, Voltair Electrical & Air Conditioning went above and beyond to ensure excellent customer service.
- Bramik Air
- Fully AC
- AC&H Centre
- Voltair Electrical & Airconditioning generally respond to a request for a quote within 2 days. Included in their quote are the sales team’s contact details, should customers have any follow up questions.
- This Canberra-based air conditioning installation company has friendly and helpful staff. We found that their sales people have a strong understanding of technical components and can therefore answer many of your questions easily and in a clear way.
- Voltair Electrical & Airconditioning were one of the quickest businesses to respond to a request for a quote. It is also helpful that they provide a mobile number making it easier to contact them and ask questions.
- Response time for quote
- Response time to initial email request
Overall, each of our top 5 air conditioning installation Canberra companies were helpful and aimed to ensure quality customers service. This was achieved in the following ways:
- Fully Airconditioned is excellent at corresponding both by phone and email. In addition, the sales team are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We found Fully Airconditioned receptionists to be good at addressing follow up queries regarding the quote they provided.
- Our Delta Air Conditioning review team found that this company can provide a basic quote but prefer to offer a more detailed quote based off a site inspection and actively analysing the property dimensions on Google maps. Which allows this Canberra-based air conditioning installation company to assess the best place to install the outdoor unit. Delta Air Conditioning and Heating generally respond to emails and follow up queries within 24 hours.
- We recommend calling The Air Conditioning and Heating Centre to discuss your queries, as they are willing to give customers a quote over the phone. However, they are not responsive via email.
- Our Bramik Air review team found that this company is generally the quickest company when responding to email requests for a quote. However, during our test calls to Bramik Air, there were instances in which their sales team were abrupt and appeared to be distracted and unwilling to give customer’s their undivided and patient attention.
Voltair Electrical & Airconditioning, our number one choice for air conditioning installation Canberra, are able to install a range of leading air conditioning brands including Fujitsu, Mitsubishi Electric, Daikin, Panasonic and LG.
- Voltair Electrical & Airconditioning recommend installing Fujitsu unit based on their experience with this premium brand.
- Voltair Electrical & Airconditioning install ducted heating.
- They do not offer evaporative cooling, hydronic or boiler, though we note that these are not commonly installed in Canberra given the climate.
Overall, each of our other top 5 air conditioning installation Canberra companies, offer an extensive product range, we note that:
- Fully Airconditioned recommend installing Daikin air conditioning products. They also install many other premium brands including Fujitsu and LG. They do not install ducted heating, hydronic or steam boilers, nor do they install evaporative cooling.
- Delta Air Conditioning and Heating prefer to install Daikin, That being said, they can also install other leading brands including Braemer, LG and Sealy International. This Canberra-based air conditioning installation company also offers ducted heating and evaporative cooling. Delta Air Conditioning and Heating do not offer hydronic or boiler units.
- While The Air Conditioning and Heating Centre install many premium brands they recommend using Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric, ActronAir or Brivis. They can install ducted heating, hydronic, and evaporative cooling, yet they do not offer boiler systems.
- Bramik Air has the ability to install ducted heating, evaporative cooling and split systems, yet they do not offer hydronic or boiler. Bramik Air recommend installation of Fujitsu air conditioning products.
Technical expertise and experience
Each of our top 5 air conditioning installation Canberra companies have accomplished businesses offering a high level of technical expertise and experience. Overall, Voltair Electrical & Airconditioning provide satisfactory service and expertise in regards to their:
- 5 year installation warranty, which is a long warranty the rest of the Canberra market; and
- 13 years of experience they have in the arena of air conditioning installation in Canberra, having been established in 2004.
With respect to our other top 5 Canberra-based air conditioning installation companies, we note that:
- Several of our top air conditioning installation companies in Canberra: Fully Airconditioned, Delta Air Conditioning & Heating, and The Air Conditioning & Heating Centre all offer a 5 year manufacturer warranty and a 1 year installation warranty.
- Fully Airconditioned was established in 2005 and has a blanket policy that they will not repair Fujitsu units.
- Established in 1972, Delta Air Conditioning and Heating is the longest running air conditioning installation company in Canberra out of our top 5 choices.
- The Air Conditioning and Heating Centre have 36 years of industry experience having established in 1981.
- Bramik Air stand out in this are for offering a 5 year installation warranty, far above the 12 months offered by all other companies in Compare Air Conditioning’s Canberra top 5.
The graph below indicates the installation guarantee offered by our top 5 Canberra-based air conditioning installation companies.
The Compare Air Conditioning team researched the heating options provided by the top 5 air conditioning installation companies in the Canberra area.
Voltair Electrical & Air Conditioning
Voltair Electrical & Air Conditioning specialises in reverse cycle and ducted heating. They stock most brands, but do not promote gas heating as they believe it is extremely expensive for Canberra winters. Voltair Electrical & Air Conditioning don’t do hydronic heating for the same reasons but can connect customers to people who do. According to Voltair Electrical & Air Conditioning’s team hydronic systems have an expensive set up, with no cooling capacity that they are familiar with.
Voltair Electrical & Air Conditioning recommendations change depending on the specifics of installation. For example, Voltair Electrical & Air Conditioning believes that smaller properties with one or two rooms can be warmed comfortably with split system air conditioning. These are electric run wall mounted units that come in different heating capacities depending on the size of the area that needs heating. They are great option as despite their initial cost, operating costs are quite efficient. Voltair Electrical & Air Conditioning suggest that larger properties may consider a ducted system instead. This is a system that sends gentle, warm air out via vents mounted in the ceiling or floor, ideal for those who prefer a discrete system.
Voltair Electrical & Air Conditioning’s specialist brands include Fujitsu, Mitsubishi Electric and Daikin Reverse cycle. These are chosen due to their reputations for quality and performance. Given the local climate Fujitsu, Mitsubishi Electric and Daikin Reverse cycle do not offer hydronic boiler or steam boiler heating. There is minimal demand for these products in Canberra.
Bramik Air are cautious about offering a heating solution recommendation without looking at a floor plan, Bramik Air’s options include reverse cycle systems, gas heating, wall units and some ducted. Bramik Air’s team suggest that wall units are a popular choice, working via electricity to direct air as needed. These units come in different capacities depending on the size of the space that is being heated, with non-open spaced rooms generally needing a unit of their own. They are cost-efficient to run, a great choice for those who want every day comfort without expensive utility bills. Bramik Air’s ducted systems are an ideal choice for those who want a discrete unit that will not interrupt the ascetics of a property. These systems release warmed, gentle air through vents that can be placed either in the ceiling or floor.
Bramik Air specialises in working with Brivis and Braemar. Bramik Air believes these brands offer value for money, are easy to operate and offer proven reliability. Brivis products are also designed and made in Australia.
Fully Airconditioned specialise in reverse cycle, ducted heating and cooling systems, high wall and split systems. They suggest that split systems are generally good for larger houses in particular, and that this would be their first recommendation for heating. Split systems are wall mounted units that run via electricity and an outdoor fan. While the initial outlay for these units can be expensive, their operating costs are efficient and ideal for those on a budget. Ducted split systems also have dampeners that allow conditioning to unused rooms to be cut off as needed. This choice of system can reduce installation and operating costs, making it a great, environmentally efficient option.
Fully Airconditioned are specifically trained in installing Daikin units but they can also work with Fujitsu, Panasonic, LG and My Air. Fully Airconditioned focus on brands with quality reputations, particularly durability in the harsh Australian climate. The company does not install hydronic heating or steam boilers. Some are not appropriate for the Canberra climate or can be too expensive for many customers.
Delta Air Conditioning and Heating
Delta Air Conditioning offer split systems, multi-heads and ducted systems. They are, however, cautious to give a recommendation until they visit and assess the property. The Delta Air Conditioning and Heating team acknowledge that split systems are a good recommendation for the Canberra area. These units can be quick to warm the space, are cost-efficient in their operation, easy to use and provide individual controls for comfort.
The Delta Air Conditioning and Heating website, offers a breakdown of running costs per heating system over winter.
Natural gas ducted heating: $874
Electric reverse-cycle unit: $460
The Air Conditioning and Heating Centre
The Air Conditioning and Heating Centre offer ducted, split systems and gas heating. They are looking into doing hydronic heating also. The Air Conditioning and Heating Centre’s advice was that any recommendations comes down to budget, and that’s how people approach selecting their air conditioning system.
Split systems are wall mounted and powered by electricity, which makes them cheaper to run in the Canberra area. They are also ideal due to being user friendly, offering options such as power mode, which gets areas heated quickly. Selection can be dependent on the aesthetics of the property owner – some don’t like the look of split systems. If this is the case they suggested that ducted systems might be another option. They incur an installation cost of roughly $8000 and deliver warm air through a series of ducts that can be discretely placed in the floor or ceiling. Natural gas-dependent systems are more expensive, starting at about $10,000 with the added expense of utility costs. Natural gas-dependent systems can also be delivered via ducts, with heat coming from a gas furnace.
View the best air conditioning installation companies from other cities around Australian by using the drop down search filters that can be found on the Compare Air Conditioning home page.