Alpine Refrigeration is the number one choice for air conditioning installation in Toowoomba
The Compare Air Conditioning review team conducted comprehensive reviews of all Toowoomba-based air conditioning installation companies and compared the results. The review team awarded Alpine Refrigeration with the number one position of being the top air conditioning installation company in the Toowoomba area. Whilst a number of other Toowoomba-based companies performed strongly across the review categories, the top ranking was given to Alpine Refrigeration. The company was found to be the current top choice of air conditioning installation company for Toowoomba customers based on the following findings:
- Great customer service standards
- Impressive customer follow up practises
- Affordable and reasonable pricing
- Full range of air con services, from supply and install to repair, service and maintenance
- Further flexibility on pricing through discounting opportunities
- Professional service in accordance with environmental and occupational health and safety guidelines
Alpine Refrigeration strives to make each and every job exceed the required industry standards, ensuring that every customer is satisfied by the work that the company does.
The Covid-19 pandemic has seen air conditioning installers implement stricter safety standards to keep customers and staff protected from possible infection. These standards are generally based on government directives, with Toowoomba companies operating as follows:
- Alpine Refrigeration practice social distancing, making sure that technicians also do not travel in the same vehicle. Tradespeople wipe down any areas they touch with sanitiser but also try to touch a minimum amount of things. Before visiting a site customers are checked for risk using general Covid questions such as; have they been overseas recently, is anyone on site in isolation or unwell etc? If a safety risk is identified the team will reschedule any onsite work.
- Zero Degrees is a one-man operation taking all precautions including sanitising and social distancing as the business staying open rests on him. He is accommodating to peoples’ needs regarding the pandemic while also considering his own safety by checking if customers are self isolating or unwell.
- Ultra Cool is following government guidelines for using sanitiser and taking precautions. While they do not use masks if a customer felt safer using them it could be discussed, with the caveat that masks are not easy to come by in the region.
- Ace Air Conditioning and Refrigeration make sure their staff is healthy before sending anyone out and when onsite they practice social distancing, using sanitiser to wipe down before and at the end of a site visit. Before booking an appointment their team will question customers regarding recent overseas travel or if anyone on the site is isolating.
- Southern Stars are following government guidelines in social distancing practice, only allowing one person in a room at a time and using sanitiser to clean surfaces
As part of the Alpine Refrigeration review, the review team investigated the company’s cost effectiveness and pricing range. Alpine Refrigeration was found to offer an affordable and competitive price range on their air conditioning products and installation services. Their price range was found to be comparable to three of the other top 5 Toowoomba air conditioning installation companies.
The Alpine Refrigeration review found the company offers a standard and affordable pricing range, with their pricing found to be competitive, in comparison to other air conditioning installation companies in the Toowoomba area. Their prices were generally on par or lower than standard market prices for the Toowoomba area.
The company offers free onsite quotes for their customers and strive to competitively provide air conditioning solutions to suit all customer budgets and lifestyles. Our Compare Air Conditioning review team recommend that potential customers request a free, onsite quote to receive a quote with pricing, before making a decision.
Alpine Refrigeration offers further flexibility on their pricing through air conditioning manufacturers’ special deals and offers, price matching and volume discounts. Volume discounts are given to customer who purchase multiple air conditioning systems at the same time and the price matching of competitors’ quotes are only on the supply price of the air conditioning system.
The graph below reflects the cost effectiveness ratings awarded to each of the top 5 air conditioning installation companies in the Toowoomba area. Alpine Refrigeration received equal first position for their cost effectiveness rating with three other top 5air conditioning installation companies in the Toowoomba area.
Alpine Refrigeration’s price range was found to be an affordable and reasonable price range and the company was rated a score of an outstanding 4.5 out of 5 for their cost effectiveness, which was similar to three of the other top 5 companies, with only one of the top 5 companies recording a lower rating.
Additional findings regarding the cost effectiveness of the other top 5 companies is highlighted below:
- The following companies, Zero Degrees, Ultra Cool and Southern Stars review all share a similar pricing range to Alpine Refrigeration, on their air conditioning products and installation services. Also similarly to Alpine Refrigeration, they also offer further price flexibility with special manufacturers’ deals and promotions and price matching of competitors’ quote
- The Zero Degrees review team found that Zero Degrees provide competitive rates, upfront pricing and honest service.
- Ace Air Conditioning and Refrigeration do not generally offer further flexibility on their pricing due to providing their best price at the time of quoting.
- Our Southern Stars review team found the company offers formal payment plan option for their customers, through third party lending company, Skye finance.
As part of the comprehensive Compare Air Conditioning reviews, each company’s quotation process was investigated and compared. The Alpine Refrigeration’s quotation process was found to be professional and easy to follow, when compared with other air conditioning installation companies in the Toowoomba area. Great features of the Alpine Refrigeration quotation system include:
- At Alpine Refrigeration, a customer can receive a quote either over the phone or by using the online contact form
- The phone was found to be the fastest way to receive a basic quote from the company, however the Alpine Refrigeration team are also very responsive to email requests, with most responses for quotes received within 24 hours
- The Alpine Refrigeration website does not offer an email address for customers to use contact the company, however customer can use the online contact form on their website.
- Alpine Refrigeration recorded some of the fastest email response times in both response categories, with their initial response time to an email request received generally within 6 hours and their response rate in providing customers with a quote on average being within 24 hours.
The Compare Air Conditioning review teams noted differences between air conditioning companies in Toowoomba when looking at their quotation processes, with some of the variations listed below:
- At Zero Degrees customer can receive a quote either over the phone or by email, or by using the online form on their webpage. The phone and email contact methods were found to be both very fast ways to receive a basic quote from the company
- The Ultra Cool review team found a customer can receive a quote either over the phone or by email or by using the online form on their webpage, with the phone being the fastest method to receive a basic quote from this company
- Our Ace Air Conditioning review team found that the team at Ace Air Conditioning generally do not give an over-the-phone quote, preferring to use floor plans or an onsite visit, as a way of providing a more exact quote
- Our Southern Stars review team found that Southern Stars is an air conditioning specialist company, which is industry qualified and can provide free quotes on new installations. The company does not recommend sourcing quotes from retailers outside of the air conditioning industry as this may lead to incorrect sizing or installation, which then voids any manufacturer’s warranty that the air conditioner may carry
As part of the Compare Air Conditioning reviews, the customer service standards of all of the individual air conditioning installation companies in Toowoomba were investigated and compared. Our review team contacted each company by both communication methods of email and phone on repeated occasions.
The top 5 air conditioning companies in Toowoomba were found to hold varying standards of customer service, with Alpine Refrigeration’s customer service ratings to be one of the highest standards out of the top 5 Toowoomba-based companies. Alpine Refrigeration received the highest customer service overall ratings and was similar to two of the other top 5 air conditioning installation companies. These high customer service standards that Alpine Refrigeration was found to possess influenced greatly on the decision to award the company with the top position of being the number one Toowoomba-based air conditioning installation company.
Our Compare Air Conditioning review team found that the Alpine Refrigeration team were at all times, were professional and friendly, assisting customer with their queries and providing genuine and informative responses to questions. Customers can expect to immediately or within a short timeframe to able to speak with a knowledgeable team member who can answer technical questions and their email response times to customer inquiries and quotes, were found to be very fast.
The graph below shows the Compare Air Conditioning review team’s ratings of customer service, by email and over the phone, for the top 5 Toowoomba-based air conditioning installation companies.
- Zero Degrees
- Ultra Cool
- Southern Stars
The high level of customer service standards of the Alpine Refrigeration company were demonstrated in a number of ways:
- Alpine Refrigeration received the top rating of 9 out of 10 in both customer service categories of phone and email.
- Answers given by team members both over the phone and via email show that they have a very knowledgeable and comprehensive understanding of the air conditioning industry.
- The company recorded the highest scores for both methods of contact than the other top 5 air conditioning installation companies in Toowoomba area.
- Email responses were shown to reflect considerable time in answering questions and providing all of the relevant information to customers, with email follow up communication received after a quote was sent.
- Alpine Refrigeration recorded the fastest email responses in both response categories, with their initial response time to an email request received generally within 6 hours and their response rate in providing customers with a quote on average being within 24 hours.
- Alpine Refrigeration customers rate their experience and customer service satisfaction highly, with reviews on Google and Facebook and the average satisfaction rating across these sites is an outstanding 5 out of 5 stars.
As part of the review process in the assessing the customer service standards by email for individual companies, the email responses times for each individual company were recorded and compared. The graph below demonstrates the recorded response times of Alpine Refrigeration and the other top 5 Toowoomba companies to customers’ inquiries via email and time taken to send back a written quote. Response time speeds were given a rating of between 1 and 5, with scores of 1 indicating very quick response times, generally within 6 hours and scores of 5, reflecting slower responses, generally received after 48 hours.
- Response time for quote
- Response time to initial email request
In the review category of customer service, all of the top 5 air conditioning installation Toowoomba-based companies were found to have strong customer service standards. Examples of the high customer service standards include:
- All of the top 5 Toowoomba-based air conditioning installation companies recorded excellent customer service by phone scores, with all top 5 companies received a rating of 9 out of 10
- At Ultra Cool, phone calls were generally answered by knowledgeable and experienced staff members willing to help customers with their inquiries. The Ultra Cool team were found to possess a more direct style of customer service, but provided helpful and knowledgeable answers to customer inquiries.
- Zero Degrees review rated this Toowoomba-based air conditioning installation company with solid and good level of customer service, with their team comprising of friendly, reliable, and fully qualified technicians. So sure of their customer service standards, the company offers a Customer Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Ace Air Conditioning and Refrigeration customers rate their experience and customer service satisfaction highly, with reviews on Google and Facebook showing an impressive 5 out of 5 stars average rating.
- Southern Stars review rated this Toowoomba-based air conditioning installation company with a high standard of customer service. The company prides themselves on providing fully qualified, refrigeration technicians and only using employees and not subcontractors.
The Alpine Refrigeration review found the company was able to expertly install and repair split and ducted air conditioning systems. Alpine Refrigeration prefers to supply and install Daikin, Fujitsu and Mitsubishi Electric air conditioning products as:
- They believe offer great quality and value for money and
- They offer the best range of split systems and ducted air conditioning systems for their Toowoomba customers.
- They are are warranty agents for those brands
With our other top 5 Toowoomba-based air conditioning installation companies, our review team found that:
- The Ultra Cool team and are committed to delivering the best brands at the most competitive prices available on the market, working with a number of highly respected and reputable manufacturers.
- The Zero Degrees review also found that the company works with a number of highly respected and reputable manufacturers’, however they specialise and recommend Mitsubishi Electric, Fujitsu, Panasonic and Daikin. The company recommends that customers choose an air conditioner from a trusted company like Zero Degrees.
- Ace Air Conditioning and Refrigeration work with a number of highly respected and reputable manufacturers’, however they specialise and recommend Daikin, due to its quality and durability.
- Southern Stars recommend Fujitsu and Daikin split and ducted systems. The company aims to provide products to customers that are the best products on the market and those that they can provide after sales service as a warranty agent.
Technical expertise and experience
Our top 5 air conditioning installation Toowoomba-based companies all were found to have a high level of technical expertise in the industry. All were found to be industry accredited, with the ARC tick. Alpine Refrigeration was found to possess high technical knowledge and experience which was demonstrated by:
- Alpine Refrigeration has been in operation for over 40 years. The company strives to make sure that each and every job that they perform exceeds the required industry standards, ensuring that every customer is satisfied by the work that Alpine Refrigeration does.
- The company prides itself on providing a safe environment and practice occupationally sound practices within the workplace and every project.
- Even though Alpine Refrigeration is not exclusively an air conditioning installation company, they do specialise in split and ducted air conditioning systems which are perfect for the Toowoomba climate.
Here are some important points to take into account from our top 5 companies:
- Ultra Cool is one of the newest and smallest air conditioning installation companies in the Toowoomba market. However, the Director of Ultra Cool has a wealth of knowledge and experience that ensures customer requirements will be met within budget and to the highest standard.
- Zero Degree’s expert team are highly experienced across all types of air conditioning and refrigeration systems and customers can have the peace of mind knowing that Zero Degrees is a fully accredited business, with certified and licensed team members performing quality workmanship, that meets all Australian standards.
- The Ace Air Conditioning and Refrigeration team can supply, install, maintain and repair split or ducted air conditioning systems, giving peace of mind to their customers, now and in the future. Their small, but dedicated and experienced team of technicians carry all relevant licences, first aid training and have up-to-date police checks.
- Southern Stars team consists of fully qualified refrigeration technicians, who can supply, install and maintain their air conditioning products through the warranty period and beyond.
The graph below indicates the warranty guarantee on installation workmanship offered by each of our top 5 air conditioning installation companies in Toowoomba. All of the top 5 air conditioning installation companies, including our top company Alpine Refrigeration offer a standard 5 year standard warranty on their installation workmanship.
You can find our top 5 air conditioning installation companies in other cities by clicking on the search filters on our home page.