Dale Air is the best choice air conditioning installation company in the Bayside area
After conducting a thorough Dale Air review, the company was found to be the current top air conditioning installation company in the Bayside area. Whilst there were a number of companies in the Bayside area that performed strongly in many of the review categories, the number one ranking was awarded to Dale Air. The company was found to be the top choice for Bayside customers based on its:
- Great value and affordable pricing on their installation services
- Great customer service standards
- Wide range of heating and cooling solutions
- Variety of manufacturer brands of air conditioning products
- Interest-free finance option for eligible customers
- Manufacturers’ special deals and promotions on air conditioning products
- Consistently positive customer testimonials with a high average of top star ratings.
Our Compare Air Conditioning review team found Dale Air performed outstanding in a number of review categories and was rated as being the top air conditioning installation company in the Melbourne Bayside area.
The Covid-19 pandemic has impacted on how we are interacting with each other. Installers in the Bayside area are taking steps to act compatibly with guidance from the federal and Victorian governments:
- Dale Air are taking sensible precautionary actions such as institutions safe distancing practices and increasing hygiene requirements.
- Nortan are taking reasonable precautions to protect customers, complying with occupational health and safety standards and the request of customers regarding social distancing and use of PPE.
- Coldflow are asking technicians to use PPE and are following OH&S laws. All technicians are in good health and are being regularly monitored.
- All Climate Solutions is taking steps to ensure staff are healthy and their customers are kept safe during the Covid-19 period, including heightened safety measures and hygiene practices.
- McKinnon have implemented a Covid-19 company policy around safety practises. The policy is directed at technicians, sales staff and office staff and includes a range of excellent safety measures.
The Compare Air Conditioning review team found Dale Air offers a highly competitive price range on their air conditioning products and installation service. Their price range was found to be lower than the other top 5 Bayside area air conditioning installation companies.
Even with already affordable and competitive pricing, Dale Air offers additional flexibility on its pricing with further discounts such as price matching of competitors’ quotes and special offers and promotions.
The graph below reflects the cost effectiveness ratings given to each of the top 5 air conditioning installation companies in the Bayside area. Dale Air received the top cost effectiveness rating, which is higher than all of the other top 5 air conditioning installation companies in the Bayside area.
Dale Air’s price range was found to be one of the most competitive price ranges and rated with a top score of 5 out of 5 for their cost effectiveness. All of the remaining other top 5 companies received lower ratings on their cost effectiveness as the Compare Air Conditioning review team found their pricing to be, on average to be at standard market pricing or a slightly higher than average price range.
Additional findings regarding the cost effectiveness of the other top 5 companies is highlighted below:
- Nortan was found to offer standard market pricing on their installation and products as well as additional price flexibility through the price matching of competitors’ quotes;
- The price range of the Coldflow company was found to be at a standard or slightly higher than average price range. The company however offers price flexibility through discounting opportunities like price matching, volume discounts and special promotions and discounts;
- All Climate Solutions are happy to provide information and advice on manufacturers’ special offers and promotions at the time of purchase, however their prices tend to be competitive, even without additional discounts;
- With its competitive standard market pricing, McKinnon Heating & Cooling do not offer further flexibility on their pricing, as they believe that their pricing is already competitive and give their best price from the outset
- For customers needing assistance to make a major purchase like a new air conditioner, both Coldflow and McKinnon Heating & Cooling offer an interest-free finance option for their customers through a third-party finance company.
The quotation systems of Bayside area air conditioning companies was also researched by the Compare Air Conditioning review team. Dale Air’s quotation system was found to be an easy process when compared with other air conditioning installation companies in the Bayside area. Highlights of the Dale Air’s quotation system from our company review include;
- The company offers their customers basic quotes via phone and email and a more detailed quote only after a free, no obligation onsite quote;
- The Dale Air website has a simple online contact form on their website, which allows customers to easily initiate contact with Dale Air, with the company offering a quote response guarantee of within 24 hours or the next business day;
- Email response times to customer email queries and the provision of digital quotes were found to be slower than their quote response guarantee; however the review team noted that the Dale Air review was conducted during a peak business period, which may have effected response times.
The Compare Air Conditioning review teams found some similarities and variations amongst air conditioning companies in Bayside area in regards to their quotation process, as recorded below;
- At Nortan a customer can receive a quote either over the phone, email or through one of their the online contact forms, which is similar for all of the other top 5 Bayside air conditioning installation companies;
- The quotes provided by All Climate Solutions were easy to follow and the McKinnon Heating & Cooling team were happy to quote on request, however the quotes were very basic, with only “ball park” figures.
- Coldflow were found to be professional and straightforward about their quoting;
All of the top 5 Bayside area companies offer a free onsite inspection, as basic quotes are subject to change due to individual installation specifications and requirements.
All of the top 5 air conditioning installation Bayside companies excelled in their customer service standards by phone and by email. The Dale Air review team contacted the company by email and phone on repeated occasions and found that Dale Air’s customer service ratings to be of a very high standard. Their customer service rating was slightly lower than the other top 5 companies in the phone and email categories, however their ratings still reflected a high standard of customer service.
The graph below shows the Compare Air Conditioning review team’s ratings of customer service, by email and over the phone, for the top 5 Bayside air conditioning installation companies.
- Dale Air
- All Climate
- McKinnon H & C
Dale Air’s great customer service standards were demonstrated in a number of ways:
- The Dale Air team were found to be attentive to their customers, providing genuine and informative responses to questions even on an initial phone enquiry;
- Phone calls were generally answered or put through to extremely knowledgeable people who could answer technical questions and provide basic quotes. The Dale Air team were also helpful in discussing customer needs and giving expert advice to find the best product that suits their requirements;
- The company offers a fast 24 hour response time guarantee to online and email requests for a quote. Our review team recorded slower quote response times, however quotes were still received in a timely manner;
- Dale Air is centrally located in Dingley Village, and specializes in the Bayside area of Melbourne. The company has a 6 day operation, providing customer service to their customers on Saturdays too.
As part of the review process, email responses times for each individual company were recorded and compared. The graph below demonstrates the recorded response times of Dale Air and the other top 5 Bayside companies to customers’ inquiries via email and time taken to send a quote. Response time speeds were given a rating of between 1 and 5, with scores of 1 indicating very quick response times, generally within 6 hours. On the other end of the scale, with scores of 5, reflected slower responses, which were received usually after 48 hours.
- Response time for quote
- Response time to initial email request
In the review category of customer service, all of the top 5 air conditioning installation Melbourne companies in the Bayside area were found to have strong customer service standards. Examples of the high customer service standards include:
- The Nortan review found that phone calls and emails were answered immediately by knowledgeable and helpful staff members, who possess a high level of industry knowledge;
- Coldflow was rated with exceptional customer service by email, with the Coldflow team generally acknowledging an online request and providing customers with a quote within 24 – 48 hours;
- Similarly to Dale Air, All Climate Solutions provides services on the weekend, generally on Saturday morning, which is highly beneficial for customers who work during the week;
- Our McKinnon Heating & Cooling review found a huge volume of online customer reviews and testimonials, with an average satisfaction rating across these sites of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Dale Air supplies and installs many of the leading air conditioning brands, with their recommended brands being Daikin and Brivis. The Dale Air sales team are highly knowledgeable about promotions or special offers for any of the air conditioning manufacturers’ that they work with.
Further information regarding the product range of the Dale Air company includes:
- Dale Air supplies and installs leading and reputable air conditioning brands;
- The Dale Air company have complete trust in the quality of their recommended brands manufacturers’ products; and
- By offering a range of brands, the Dale Air team has access to many different air conditioning products to best suit to customer needs and budgets.
With the other top 5 Bayside air conditioning installation companies, the Compare Air Conditioning review team found that:
- Nortan supplies and installs a range of air conditioning products and brands, with their recommended brands being Daikin and Fujitsu, due to their high quality and reliability;
- The Coldflow team have a strong relationship with many air conditioning manufacturers; however their top brands are Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric and Panasonic. McKinnon Heating & Cooling also recommend and prefer the same three brands as the company believes that they are some best value for money and leading brands around;
- All Climate Solutions preferred manufacturer is Daikin, as they believe it to be a top performing air conditioning manufacture.
Technical expertise and experience
Our top 5 Bayside-based companies were all found to have a high level of technical expertise in the industry and industry accreditations, such as the ARC tick
Our number one Bayside area company, Dale Air is a well established air conditioning installation company, which has been operating for over 20 years. Their technical expertise and experience can be demonstrated by the following:
- Highly knowledgeable sales team and skilled installation technicians;
- The Dale Air team are very experienced and confident when with working with air conditioning installations in apartments, with knowledge regarding the challenges and rules and regulations that arise when dealing with body corporate bodies;
- In addition to the standard manufacturer warranties on air conditioning brands, Dale Air offers a 6 year installation warranty on their installation workmanship.
Here are some important points regarding the technical knowledge and experience of our top 5 companies:
- Nortan prides itself on having thorough experience across all brands, and is able to service and repair most brands of air conditioners. They provide a 24/7 breakdown and repair service for both their commercial and residential clients;
- Since 1966, Coldflow has been providing commercial and residential installation services, as well as repair services to their customers;
- Established in 2007, the All Climate Solutions team possess considerable experience installing air conditioning systems in many types of dwellings, including apartment buildings;
- McKinnon Heating & Cooling provides their customers with a full range of air conditioning services from design and installation to service and repair. The company has a specialist design and install solutions for new constructions, existing buildings or extensions, and work closely with builders to deliver excellent results.
The graph below indicates the warranty guarantee on installation workmanship offered by each of our top 5 air conditioning installation companies in the Bayside area. All of the top 5 air conditioning installation companies offer a 6 year standard warranty on their installation workmanship, except for McKinnon Heating & Cooling who offers a 5 year warranty period.
The Compare Air Conditioning team has collated detailed heating information from their reviews of the top 5 Bayside area air conditioning installation companies.
When it comes to heating, the Dale Air team can assist customers with a range of heating systems including gas ducted heating, reverse cycle ducted systems, multi-split systems, split systems, gas log fireplace and VRV systems. Their aim to find their customers the best and most economical heating options for the Melbourne winter.
The team at Dale Air prefers to research the specific property by a Google search, viewing floorplans or conducting an onsite visit before giving any specific recommendations to their customers. The type of heating system that suits the space relies heavily on the home itself, whether it be a new construction, renovation or upgrade of any existing system. Dale Air team aim to give the best heating options for their customers based on suitability, cost and individual customer preferences.
In general, however the Dale Air team’s top heating option for Bayside customers is a Bonaire ducted gas heating system. For customers wanting heating and cooling, a Daikin reverse cycle ducted system is the Dale Air team’s preference. The ducted systems are easy to install in renovations and new builds as well as when upgrade of an older ducted system is required. The Dale Air team prefers the Daikin and Bonaire brands due to their great product range and reliability.
Apart from the standard ducted systems, the company also offers the Archer gas log fireplace heaters, which are a central heating system that heats a whole home through the ducting system. They also have top of the range Daikin VRV systems (variable refrigerant volume) which are suitable for very large homes and commercial projects. Split systems are also an economical choice for Dale Air customers who are looking for a quick and cheaper installation option.
Nortan has a great range of heating options for their customers with the following available options; split systems, ducted heating, gas wall heaters, ducted central heating systems, gas underfloor heating, space heaters, hydronic heating and underfloor heating.
The team at Nortan installs many hydronic heating systems throughout Melbourne and is their top heating solution for Bayside customers. The company believes hydronic heating is one of the most reliable forms of heating and provides a stable comfortable environment.
The Nortan team recognises however that hydronic heating may not be the best suitable heating options for all of their customers and are happy to work with customers to find the best solution for their needs. With their range of heating options and ability to supply heating systems from a variety of leading manufacturers’ brands, the Nortan team can find the most suitable heating system, based on customers’ needs and budgets.
The Coldflow team can provide customers with the following heating options; ducted gas heating, ducted reverse cycle heating, hydronic heating and split system air conditioning from leading brands such as Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric, Fujitsu, Toshiba and Braemar.
The top heating recommendation from the Coldflow team is a gas ducted heating system for their Bayside customers. The company prefers Braemar gas ducted systems, as it is a quality Australian-made brand, which offers a long 7-year warranty protection. For customers who are looking for both heating and cooling, the Coldflow team recommends teaming the gas ducted heating system with an evaporative cooling system.
For customers that only have a smaller space or are only looking to heat a room, the team at Coldflow recommend Daikin split systems. A Daikin split system can be used for both heating and cooling and is a leading quality brand.
All Climate Solutions
All Climate Solutions have the following available heating options for customers to install in their homes; ducted gas heating, ducted reverse cycle heating, hydronic heating and split system air conditioning. They can supply and install all the leading brands of heating systems.
The company’s top heating system recommendation is a ducted gas and refrigerant system for Melbourne Bayside customers. They recommend Daikin and Braemar as their top brand choices for ducted gas and refrigerant systems, due to their great warranty terms and star ratings. Unlike some other companies, the All Climate Solution team do not recommend pairing a ducted heating with an evaporative cooling system, as they believe evaporative systems do not work as well in the humid Melbourne weather.
The All Climate Solutions team also recommend installing a ducted system with an electrical heat pump for both heating and cooling. Split systems are also another common heating and cooling option however their design and aesthetics may not suit all customers. The All Climate Solutions company can also install hydronic heating, which provides great heating comfort, but comes at a higher price than other options.
McKinnon Heating & Cooling
McKinnon Heating & Cooling offers their Bayside customers the following heating options; gas ducted heating, hydronic heating, modern bulkhead air conditioner, reverse cycle ducted heating, space heating, gas log fires, wall furnace, gas heaters and solar heating.
The team at McKinnon Heating & Cooling specialise in hydronic heating and can provide a variety of hydronic heating options such as panel heating, concrete slab heating and trench heating. The McKinnon Heating & Cooling team believe hydronic heating is the best overall heating option, however is also the most expensive. The team also recommend another great heating option for Bayside customers, a gas ducted heating, from one of the following leading brands, Brivis, Braemar and Lennox.
McKinnon’s recommendations above are only general recommendations and they prefer to conduct a complimentary onsite appraisal before providing tailored and specific customer recommendations. The team believes that that finding the best suited heating option for customers is dependent on their property itself, as well as customer needs and budget.
View the top 5 air conditioning installers in other cities through our home page.