Nortan is the top choice company for air conditioning installation in Melbourne Inner East area
After our Compare Air Conditioning review team conducted a thorough investigation of air conditioning companies, they found Nortan to be the current top air conditioning installation company in the Melbourne Inner East area. Whilst there were a number of companies that performed strongly across the review categories, the number one ranking was awarded to Nortan. The company was found to be the top choice for Melbourne Inner East customers based on its:
- Standard competitive price range;
- Wide range of heating and cooling options;
- Customer-focused philosophy;
- Reliable and professional customer service standards;
- Full range of air conditioning services, from supply and install to repair and maintenance;
- Flexibility on pricing through the price matching of competitors quotes;
- Comprehensive range of air conditioning services from design, installation to repair and maintenance;
- 24/7 breakdown and repair service;
Provision of services to customers from all sectors, including commercial, residential and industrial.
The customer-focused philosophy of the Nortan team is what our Compare Air Conditioning team believes sets Nortan apart from other air conditioning installation companies in the Inner East Melbourne area.
The Covid-19 pandemic has significantly affected how we interact with one another. We found that the top installers in inner east Melbourne are taking steps to act compatibly with guidance from the federal and Victorian governments and keep customers safe:
- Nortan are taking reasonable steps to protect customers, complying with OH&S guidelines and requesting their customers to keep sensible social distancing practices.
- Coldflow use personal protective equipment and follow Australian OH&S guidelines. All their staff are in good health and are being monitored.
- Ideal Air Conditioning take diligent safety precautions to ensure staff and customers are well looked after and safe
- All Climate Solutions are diligent in checking staff are in good health and their customers are kept safe during Covid-19. This includes increased safety measures and hygiene practices during this period.
- McKinnon have implemented Covid-19 policy around safety practises, found. The policy directs technicians, sales staff and office staff including a range of excellent safety measures.
The Compare Air Conditioning review team found Nortan offers a highly competitive, standard price range on their air conditioning products and installation service. Their price range was found to be similar to one of other top 5 air conditioning installation Melbourne Inner East companies, McKinnon Heating & Cooling.
Nortan offers additional flexibility on its pricing with the price matching of competitors’ quotes, however the final decision is at the discretion of the Nortan management.
The graph below reflects the cost effectiveness ratings given to each of the top 5 air conditioning installation companies in the Melbourne Inner East area. Nortan received the top cost effectiveness rating, performing better than most of the other top 5 air conditioning installation companies in the Melbourne Inner East area.
Nortan was found to hold a competitive price range and was rated with a score of 4 out of 5 for their cost effectiveness, which is similar to McKinnon Heating & Cooling. The Compare Air Conditioning review team found the price ranges of the other three top 5 companies on their air conditioning products and installation services to be on average higher than the Nortan’s pricing range.
Additional findings regarding the cost effectiveness of the other top 5 companies is highlighted below:
- Coldflow’s prices were found to be reasonable and competitive, with the Coldflow team happy to discuss prices based on customers’ specific installation needs. The company offers further price flexibility through price matching of competitors quotes, volume discounts and manufacturers’ special deals and offers;
- Our Ideal Air Conditioning review team found that, as a Daikin Specialist Dealer, the quotes that were received from Ideal Air Conditioning were clear, competitively priced and understandable;
- The All Climate Solutions team generally advise customers at the time of quoting of any special offers and promotion that are currently running. Their price range was found to be reasonable and competitive, even without any further discounts;
- The McKinnon Heating & Cooling review found the company has a standard pricing range on their air conditioners and installation services and do not offer any further flexibility on their pricing, as they aim to give the best price from the start;
- Both Coldflow and McKinnon Heating & Cooling advertise an interest-free, financing plan for its customers through a third-party finance companies, which is highly beneficial for customers that are making a major purchase, like a new air conditioning unit.
One important category from the Compare Air Conditioning review is the quotation processes of individual air conditioning installation companies in the Inner East. Nortan’s quotation process was found to be solid and well structured, when compared with other air conditioning installation companies in the Melbourne Inner East area. Features of the Nortan’s quotation system include:
- Customers can easily approach Nortan for a quote on air conditioning installation by phone, by email or by using one of their online forms. The company’s quotation process was found to be easy and straightforward, with team members happy to assist with customer questions;
- The Nortan website has many different online forms for customers to make contact with the company or to request a quote, which is different to most other companies who generally only offer one or two online forms.
Similarities and differences in quotation processes between air conditioning companies in Melbourne Inner East region were noted by the Compare Air Conditioning review, with some of the highlights listed below:
- Customers with Coldflow have a number of different ways to request a quote from the company, with customers being able to ask for a quote either over the phone, by email or by using one of their online forms. This is similar for all of the other top 5 air conditioning installation companies in the Inner East area, including All Climate Solutions, McKinnon Heating & Cooling and BradMac;
- Coldflow are professional and straightforward about their quotes, both over the phone and via email;
- All Climate Solutions provide easy to follow quotes, when compared to other air conditioning installation companies in Inner East area of Melbourne;
- The review team based their pricing rating on quotes, which were received over the phone and via email from McKinnon Heating & Cooling. Email quotes were generally basic quotes with “ball park” figures;
- Ideal Air Conditioning customers can request a quote from Ideal Air Conditioning Service via phone, by email or by using one of their online forms
All of the top 5 air conditioning installation companies in the Inner East area of Melbourne offer an obligation-free, complimentary onsite quote, as prices are subject to change upon inspection of the specific space.
All of the top 5 air conditioning companies in Melbourne Inner East region were found to hold high standards of customer service in both customer service review categories of email and phone. The companies were contacted by the review team on numerous occasions and Nortan’s customer service standards were found to be of a very high standard.
The graph below shows the Compare Air Conditioning review team’s ratings of customer service, by email and over the phone, for the top 5 Melbourne Inner East-based air conditioning installation companies.
- Ideal AC
- All Climate
- McKinnon H & C
The high level of customer service standards of the Nortan company were demonstrated in a number of ways:
- Nortan offers their customers a full range of heating and cooling solutions and aim to ensure that customers find the best air conditioning solution for their needs; The Nortan review team also found staff members at Nortan to be friendly and professional from the first point of contact, whether by phone or email;
- The Nortan team were found to be friendly, polite and helpful over the phone and professional and always willing to assist, via email;Responses received via email and online inquiries, are generally answered by staff members with a high level of industry knowledge;
- Our Nortan review found that the Inner East Melbourne-based company had a medium speed rate in both email response categories, with responses on average received within 24 hours;
- Customer testimonials for Nortan were found over a number of online platforms, detailing very positive experiences and with a high overall online satisfaction rating of 5 out of 5 stars, which is a competitive score in comparison to the other top 5 Melbourne Inner East region-based air conditioning installation companies;
- The company provides most of its services and installations during business hours, however offers an emergency air conditioning repair service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. These emergency repair services are available to residential and commercial properties throughout the Melbourne, including the Inner East;
- The customer-focused philosophy of the Nortan team is what our Compare Air Conditioning team believes sets Nortan apart from other air conditioning installation companies in the Inner East of Melbourne area.
As part of the review process for customer service standards, the email responses times for each individual company were recorded and compared. The graph below demonstrates the recorded response times of Nortan and the other top 5 Melbourne Inner East companies to customers’ inquiries via email and the time taken to send back a written quote.
The email response times were given a rating of between 1 and 5. Scores of 1 were awarded to companies with very quick response times, with responses generally received within 6 hours and scores of 5 reflect slower responses speeds which were generally received after 48 hours.
Nortan was awarded with medium response rate when replying to customer inquiries by email. Acknowledgement of email inquiries were sent within a fast time frame, with replies from the company were generally received within 6 hours. This was also true for thesecond response rate category, with the company to sending back a written quote on average within 24 hours
- Response time for quote
- Response time to initial email request
In the review category of customer service, all of the top 5 air conditioning installation companies in the Melbourne Inner East were found to have strong customer service standards. Examples of the high customer service standards include;
- The Coldflow review team found that phone and email enquiries were answered in a prompt manner, and their staff to be knowledgeable and courteous;
- Both Coldflow and All Climate Solutions offer customer service to their customers over the weekend and this extra availability means that their services may be suitable for customers who work during the week;
- For Ideal Air Conditioning, our review team were able to immediately speak with employees over the phone that came across as friendly and extremely knowledgeable
- All Climate Solutions email response rates were also found to be fairly quick comparison with other Inner East Melbourne-based air conditioning installation companies. Their general response rate in acknowledging a request for a quote is within 24 hours, and then a quote is generally provided within 24 to 48 hours.
- McKinnon Heating & Cooling Review was recorded as having fast response speeds in both response categories. Initial responses to an email request, were on average received within 6 hours and written email quotes responses, were generally received within 24 hours; and
- The customers with McKinnon Heating & Cooling have rated their experience and customer service satisfaction highly, with reviews found on the company webpage and Google, with the average satisfaction rating on Google being 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Nortan supplies and installs a range of air conditioning products and brands, with Daikin and Fujitsu being their most recommended brands based on:
- Their quality and consistency; and
- Their range of products, which can suit to most customers’ homes and budgets.
With the other top 5 Melbourne Inner East-based air conditioning installation companies, our review team found that:
- All of the Inner east Melbourne-based air conditioning installation companies are experienced and able to install all of the major air conditioning brands, however most companies have a recommended or preferred brand that they work closely with;
- Coldflow have a particularly strong relationship with three of their top brands, namely: Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric and Panasonic, which is similar to McKinnon Heating & Cooling who also supply and installs Daikin, Panasonic and Mitsubishi Electric as the company believes that they are some best value for money and leading brands around;
- All Climate Solutions are also happy to install many different brands of air conditioning units, although their preferred manufacturer is Daikin, which they believe to be a top performing air conditioning manufacturer;
BradMac Airconditioning installs many of the leading air conditioning brands, including ActronAir, Braemar, Daikin and Mitsubishi Electric and they are able to service and repair all kinds of air conditioners and brands. BradMac have a working air conditioning showroom for customers to come and experience the air conditioning products and brands for themselves.
Technical expertise and experience
Our top 5 air conditioning installation Melbourne Inner East-based companies all were found to have a high level of technical expertise in the industry. The top company, Nortan’s technical experience van be demonstrated by the following:
- Nortan has been in operation for over 20 years and an industry specialist for Inner East Melbourne customers seeking air conditioning services;
- Their experienced and multi-skilled technicians provide installation services and repairs for ducted air conditioning and heating, split systems, gas heaters and evaporative cooling throughout the Inner East of Melbourne;
- Nortan prides itself on having thorough experience across all brands, and is able to service and repair most brands of air conditioners, providing a 24/7 breakdown and repair service to both their commercial and residential clients;
- For customers that are needing a heating or cooling solution for a new construction, existing buildings or an extension, Nortan has specialist design and install solutions and work with builders to deliver excellent results;
- Nortan’s highly experienced technicians are reliable and professional and provide customer focused service;
- They offer a wide range of air conditioning solutions and services to customers in Melbourne Inner East area, which not all air conditioning installation companies do the same.
Here are some highlights from the reviews from our other top 5 companies:
- With over 40 years experience, the Coldflow team possess a substantial understanding of the air conditioning units they install, and detailed insight into air conditioning industry;
- Ideal Air Conditioning Service review found that they are able to install and service all major makes and models
- As a newer company to the industry, All Climate Solutions still have considerable experience in installing air conditioning into many types of dwellings. The team is happy to install units in apartment buildings, subject to an inspection of the premises, which is unlike some of the other air conditioning installation companies in the Inner East of Melbourne;
- McKinnon Heating & Cooling provides their customers with a full range of air conditioning services from design and install to service and maintenance. The company has specialist design team and work closely with builders and developers to deliver excellent results.
The graph below indicates the warranty guarantee on installation workmanship offered by each of our top 5 air conditioning installation companies in Melbourne Inner East region. Manufacturers of air conditioners will generally give a product warranty on the air conditioning product itself, which is generally 5 years. For installation warranties three of the top 5 air conditioning installation companies, including our top company Nortan offer an impressive 6 year standard warranty on their installation workmanship. The remaining two top 5 companies offer a slightly lower protection of 5 years workmanship warranty.
With winter just around the corner, the Compare Air Conditioning team has checked in with the top 5 air conditioning installation companies in the Inner East Melbourne area about their heating solutions.
Nortan offers a wide range of heating options including split systems, ducted heating, gas heating (including gas wall heaters, ducted central heating systems, gas underfloor heating and space heaters), hydronic heating and underfloor heating.
Nortan recommends and installs many hydronic heating systems throughout Melbourne as the company believes hydronic heating is one of the most reliable forms of heating, providing a stable and all over heating. The company supplies a wide range of leading brands, which are recommended based on customers’ needs and budgets.
Coldflow use leading brands like Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric, Fujitsu, Toshiba and Braemar. They offer the following heating options; ducted gas heating, ducted reverse cycle heating, hydronic heating and split system air conditioning.
Coldflow recommends gas ducted heating to their Inner East Melbourne customers, as the best option for heating. For customers looking for their heating system to be paired with a cooling system, the company recommends an evaporative cooling system. The company prefers Braemar for their gas ducted systems, as they are an Australian-made brand with a long 7-year warranty protection.
For customers who prefer split systems in every room, Coldflow recommends Daikin split systems for both heating and cooling.
All Climate Solutions
All Climate Solutions only has employees, with no contractors and a full team of tradespeople like electricians, plumbers and engineers. They give certifications of their work as to ensure the validity of the warranty of the system they install.
All Climate Solutions can supply all the leading brands of air conditioning systems and offer ducted gas heating, ducted reverse cycle heating, hydronic heating and split system air conditioning as heating options for their customers.
The company recommends a ducted gas and refrigerant system as the best heating and cooling option for Inner East Melbourne customers. Their preferred brands are Daikin and Braemar, as they have good warranties terms and great star ratings. They don’t recommend teaming the ducted heating with an evaporative cooling system, as they believe they perform poorly in the humid Melbourne summer weather.
Their second heating system recommendation is a ducted system with an electrical heat pump. They are also able to install split systems, however they are very prominent on the walls and their design and aesthetics may not suit all customers. The company can also install hydronic heating as well, which is another great option, but a more expensive one.
McKinnon Heating & Cooling
McKinnon Heating & Cooling’s heating options include gas ducted heating, hydronic heating, modern bulkhead air conditioner, reverse cycle ducted heating, space heating, gas log fires, wall furnace, gas heaters and solar heating.
McKinnon Heating & Cooling are specialists in hydronic heating and offer options such as panel heating, concrete slab heating and trench heating. The company believes that this is the best heating option, however the option that is highest in price. McKinnon Heating & Cooling also specialise in gas ducted heating, which is another great option for Inner East Melbourne customers and the company prefers the following leading brands, Brivis, Braemar and Lennox. The company stresses that finding the best suited heating option for customers is dependent on their needs and budget and is impossible to recommend without seeing the property first.
Ideal Air Conditioning
Ideal Air Conditioning is a great choice of company to handle customers’ heating requirements from beginning to end. The company offers their residential customers hydronic heating, gas ducted heating and split systems.
View the top 5 air conditioning installers in other cities by using the search filters on the Compare Air Conditioning home page.