Optima Heating and Cooling is the top choice for air conditioning installation in West Melbourne area
All of the West Melbourne-based air conditioning installation companies were reviewed and compared. The review team ranked Optima Heating and Cooling as being the top air conditioning installation company in the West Melbourne area. Whilst a number of other West Melbourne-based companies performed strongly across the review categories, the top ranking was awarded to Optima Heating and Cooling, due to the company’s following great features;
- Highly competitive and affordable price range;
- Outstanding levels of technical expertise and knowledge;
- A broad range of air conditioning products from leading brands;
- High customer service standards both by phone and email;
- Impressive online satisfaction ratings and testimonials from previous customers; and
- Being a well-established and experienced air conditioning company.
The Optima Heating and Cooling team aim to find an air conditioning solution for every customer, no matter the complexity of the installation, the type of dwelling or budget.
Covid-19 has changed the way installers engage with customers. West Melbourne installation companies have put in place strategies that reduce the chances of spreading Covid-19:
- Optima are keeping social distance during on-site visits and have implemented sensible steps such as avoiding shaking hands
- Our Nortan review team found this company are taking steps to protect customers and staff, including by acting in compliance with government advice. They are implementing social distancing practices during on-site visits.
- Fresh Air Heating and Cooling and Surrey Air use common sense hygiene practices, such as covering nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- All Climate Solutions check their staff are in good health and their customers are kept safe during Covid-19, including increased hygiene practices during this period.
Optima Heating and Cooling’s cost effectiveness was investigated and compared with other air conditioning installation West Melbourne companies in the area. The company was found to offer a highly affordable and competitive price range on their air conditioning products and installation services, which was comparable to two of the other top 5 West Melbourne air conditioning installation companies.
Optima Heating and Cooling prefers to provide customers with their best possible price from the outset, rather than relying on discounts or price match guarantees. The company offers free onsite quotes for their customers and strive to competitively provide air conditioning solutions to suit all customer budgets and lifestyles. Our Compare Air Conditioning review team recommend that potential customers request a free, onsite quote to receive a quote with more certain pricing, before making a decision.
The graph below demonstrates the cost effectiveness rankings of each of our top 5 air conditioning installation Melbourne companies in West area. Optima Heating and Cooling was found to possess very affordable and reasonable price range and was rated with an outstanding 5 out of 5 for their cost effectiveness. Optima Heating and Cooling received equal first position for their cost effectiveness with one of the other top 5 air conditioning installation companies in the West Melbourne area, Fresh Air.
Additional findings regarding the cost effectiveness of the other top 5 companies is highlighted below:
- Nortan was found to have a slightly higher price range than two of the other top 5 companies, including the top company Optima Heating and Cooling;
- Fresh Air Heating and Cooling was found to have very affordable pricing on their brands and service, with a top rating of 5 out 5 overall for their cost effectiveness, which is similar to the top company Optima Heating and Cooling;
- The Surrey Air review found the company to be very competitive on price. Their pricing is generally comparable or lower than average market prices and is displayed on their website for any potential customers to see, reflecting the company’s genuine and transparent pricing; and
- Even with a competitive price point, All Climate Solutions offers further discounts on its pricing, such as like volume discounts for purchases of multiple air conditioning systems and special air conditioning manufacturers’ offers and special deals.
As part of the comprehensive Compare Air Conditioning reviews, each company’s quotation process was investigated and compared. The Optima Heating and Cooling quotation process was found to be an easy, smooth and pain-free process, with other great features of the Optima Heating and Cooling quotation system being;
- Itemised written quotes, which was well set out and simple to understand;
- Response times to requests for a quote were recorded as faster than other West Melbourne-based air conditioning installation companies, with emailed quotes usually received within 24 hours; and
- The team ensure that their initial quote includes all related or “hidden” costs, with their initial quotes subject to an on-site inspection.
The Compare Air Conditioning review teams noted differences between air conditioning companies in West Melbourne when looking at their quotation processes, with some of the variations listed below:
- Customers can easily approach the Nortan team for a quote on air conditioning installation by phone, by email or by using one of their online forms. The company’s quotation process was found to be easy and straightforward, with team members happy to assist with customer requests;
- Our Fresh Air Heating and Cooling review team found this company offers basic quotes over the phone and via email, or customers can use the quick quote inquiry form. However the company seems to prefer to communicate directly with potential customers by phone.
- Surrey Air has genuine and transparent pricing, giving customers pricing information before they even contact to compare and consider. To provide a quote over the phone, the team members require the room measurements or floor plans before going ahead with an initial quote; and
- Our All Climate Solutions review team consider this company provide simple and easy to follow quotes, with customers able to request quotes both online or over the phone, although customers are encouraged to book a complimentary onsite quote appraisal, as initial quote prices are subject to change upon inspection.
The customer service standards of all of the air conditioning installation West Melbourne companies were investigated and compared. The top 5 air conditioning companies in West Melbourne were found to hold varying standards of customer service.
Our Optima Heating and Cooling review team found this team’s customer service was found to be particularly impressive, receiving the highest customer service overall rating, amongst the top 5 West Melbourne air conditioning installation companies. The company’s high customer service influenced greatly on the decision to award the company with the top position and was demonstrated in a number of ways:
- The Optima Heating and Cooling team aim to find an air conditioning solution for every customer, no matter the complexity of the installation, the type of dwelling or budget;
- The Optima Heating and Cooling sales team are knowledgeable and are able to answer a broad variety of questions;
- The sales team offer advice and recommendations about various alternatives, which is helpful for customers who are unsure which air conditioning product will suit their needs;
- The Optima Heating and Cooling team are easy to contact over the phone and typically have a friendly and knowledgeable team member available to speak to immediately; and
- Online customer reviews for Optima Heating and Cooling reflect very strong satisfaction ratings with star ratings averaging an impressive 4.4 out of 5 stars.
The graph below shows the Compare Air Conditioning review team’s ratings of customer service, by email and over the phone, for the top 5 West Melbourne-based air conditioning installation companies.
- Fresh Air H & C
- Surrey Air
- All Climate
As part of the review process in the assessing the customer service standards by email for individual companies, the email responses times for each individual company were recorded and compared. The graph below demonstrates the recorded response times of Optima Heating and Cooling and the other top 5 West Melbourne companies to customers’ inquiries via email and time taken to send back a written quote.
Response time speeds were given a rating of between a scale of 1 to 5, with scores of 1 indicating very quick response times, generally within 6 hours and scores of 5, reflecting slower responses, generally received after 48 hours.
- Response time for quote
- Response time to initial email request
In the review category of customer service, all of the top 5 air conditioning installation Melbourne West companies were found to have strong customer service standards. Examples of the high customer service standards include;
- Phone calls to Nortan were answered immediately by knowledgeable and helpful team members, with the company offering a 24/7 breakdown and repair service;
- The Fresh Air Heating and Cooling team were found to prefer to speak directly with potential customers, when discussing their air conditioning needs or providing a basic quote.
- Phones calls at Surrey Air are generally answered or put through to extremely knowledgeable people who can answer technical questions and offer their expert recommendations about air conditioning solutions and brands; and
All Climate Solutions offer customer service to their customers over the weekend and this extra availability means that their services may be suitable for customers who work during the week.
The Optima Heating and Cooling team are able to install all leading air conditioning brands and are happy for customers to choose their own brand. The company prefers and recommends Daikin and are a Club Daikin dealer. According to Optima Heating and Cooling, they prefer Daikin because:
- They provide high quality and reliable air conditioning products, which do not require a lot of ongoing maintenance; and
- Their sales team receives strong positive feedback in respect to performance and reliability of Daikin air conditioning products.
With the other top 5 West Melbourne-based air conditioning installation companies, our review team found that:
- Nortan supplies and installs a range of air conditioning products and brands, with Daikin and Fujitsu being their most recommended brands;
- The Fresh Air Heating and Cooling team stand behind the brands that they install, offering quality brands, like Daikin and Toshiba at affordable prices;
- Our Surrey Air review found this company installs two of the leading air conditioning brands, Daikin and Brivis, however the Surrey Air team members more often recommended installing a Daikin system, as they believe it is a quality air conditioning product; and
- All Climate Solutions can expertly design, install, maintain and repair a wide variety of air conditioning systems, however the company prefers the air conditioning manufacturer, Daikin due to their belief that it is one of the best brand of air conditioners in the market.
Technical expertise and experience
All of the West Melbourne-based air conditioning installation companies all were found to have a high level of technical expertise and industry accreditation.
Optima Heating and Cooling was found to possess high technical knowledge and experience, which was demonstrated by;
- Optima Heating and Cooling’s ability to find an air conditioning solution, even for the most complex jobs;
- Optima Heating and Cooling’s team can design and install all kinds of air conditioning systems, for all types of homes and businesses;
- Optima Heating and Cooling has high standards in their workmanship, with over 40 years in the industry. They strive to make sure that each and every job that they perform exceeds the required industry standards; and
- The company takes pride in ensuring a safe work environment and safe workplace practices on every project.
Here are some important points to take into account from our top 5 companies:
- The Nortan team consists of experienced and multi-skilled technicians, who can provide installation services and repairs for a range of heating and cooling systems throughout the West Melbourne area;
- The team at Fresh Air Heating and Cooling are fully licensed and certified technicians, offering the installation, maintenance and repair of air conditioning systems;
- Surrey Air over 35 years pride themselves on being an experienced and reputable company, which is fully licensed in accordance with the licensing bodies; and
- The All Climate Solutions team offer a wide range of air conditioning solutions and services to customers in the West Melbourne area, from design and install to maintenance and repair.
The graph below indicates the installation workmanship warranty offered by each of our top 5 air conditioning installation companies in West Melbourne. Four of the top 5 air conditioning installation companies, including the top company Optima Heating and Cooling offer an impressive 6 year standard warranty on their installation workmanship. Fresh Air offers a slightly lower protection of a standard 5 year protection on their workmanship.
To assist West Melbourne customers who may be looking at installing a heating system, the Compare Air Conditioning Team researched available heating options.
Optima Heating and Cooling
Optima Heating and Cooling offers several heating options for their customers and they include, split system heating, gas ducted heating systems, hydronic panel heating, hydronic slab heating and hydronic heating. Optima Heating and Cooling works with a number of leading Australian and international brands to provide their residential and commercial customers with the best systems on the market. Some of the brands that the company supplies and installs include Daikin, Bonaire, Brivis, Actron Air, DeLonghi, Immergas, Uponor and Braemar.
Optima Heating and Cooling’s top choice of heating system for their West Melbourne customers is hydronic heating, as it provides stable heat, with no gusts of air like other heating systems. However, the Optima Heating and Cooling team do note that hydronic heating is one of the most expensive options for heating and may not suit all customers and budgets.
If a customer has budget constraints, the Optima Heating and Cooling team recommend installing a gas ducted heating, as a great value heating option. A gas ducted heating system gives total home comfort, at less than half the price of a hydronic system. For customers seeking cooling as well, the Optima Heating and Cooling team advise teaming the gas ducted system with an evaporative system. The company’s preferred brands for gas ducted heating systems are Daikin and Braemar and are the most installed and recommended brands by Optima Heating and Cooling.
Nortan offers some great heating solutions for their customers, with options such as reverse cycle ducted heating, gas wall heaters, gas ducted heating systems, gas underfloor heating, space heaters, hydronic heating and reverse cycle split systems.
The company believes that hydronic heating is one of the most reliable forms of heating and recommend it as the best form of heating for their West Melbourne customers. The Nortan team installs many different hydronic heating systems throughout Melbourne, as it provides a stable, all over heating and a range of options for customers.
However, the company offers different heating solutions, as they acknowledge that not a one heating solution fits all. The company also supplies a wide range of leading brands, so different options can be given to customers, based on their needs and budgets.
Fresh Air supplies and installs heating systems from leading brands, Braemar, Bonaire, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Brivis.
The top heating solution as recommended by the Fresh Air team is the natural gas ducted heating system. The Fresh Air team believes it is the most effective and efficient way to heat an entire home.
However, the Fresh Air team also acknowledge that the best heating solution for each customer will be different, so they do have other great options. Another effective heating option is a reverse cycle ducted system which provides heating and cooling the whole year round. The team at Fresh Air considers hydronic heating systems as the most comfortable form of heating in Melbourne, however, may not be suitable for all dwellings and budgets. Reverse cycle split systems are also a more cost-effective way to heat and cool a room or smaller area and are a great option for West Melbourne customers.
The Surrey Air team install any type of heating solution, whether it be a single split system, a multi split system, hydronic system or a ducted system. They strive to understand every customer’s unique situation and try to develop a heating solution that fits precisely to their home or workplace.
The main brands that the company work with are Daikin and Brivis, and Surrey Air are proud to be a Daikin dealer for over 35 years. The company believes that Daikin’s range offers quality heating products that suits most of their residential and commercial client’s needs.
The top heating recommendation from the Surrey Air team is a modern Brivis ducted heating system, as they offer exceptional performance and energy efficiency. They believe that it is the most efficient and convenient heating option.
All Climate Solutions
All Climate Solutions supply all the leading brands and offer the following heating systems, ducted gas heating, ducted reverse cycle heating, hydronic heating and split system air conditioning.
The All Climate Solutions team recommends a ducted gas and refrigerant system as the best heating choice for West Melbourne customers. They prefer brands such as Daikin and Braemar, due to their great warranty protection and good star ratings.
Their next top heating recommendation is a ducted system with an electrical heat pump. They are also able to install reverse cycle split systems, which can both heat and cool. However, the All Climate Solutions team advise that they are very prominent on the internal walls and their design and aesthetics may not suit all customers. Another great heating option is hydronic heating, which provide total comfort, however come with a higher price tag.
Check out our top-rated 5 air conditioning installation companies in other Australian cities via our home page.