5th Star Air Conditioning is the current top choice for air conditioning installation in the South East Brisbane area
Air conditioning installation companies in the South East Brisbane area were reviewed and compared by our Compare Air Conditioning review team. The results from the review and comparison process led to 5th Star Air Conditioning being awarded as the top choice for the area, due to their:
- Competitive and affordable pricing on products and services;
- Price discounts, such as special deals and promotions;
- High quality installation and repair services of air conditioning systems;
- Detailed and comprehensive quotes;
- Wide service area;
- Fully qualified, licensed and experienced technicians;
- Impressive customer service standards by both email and phone;
- Vast technical expertise and knowledge, including high-rise apartment installations; and
- Over 15 years of experience in the industry.
Their fully qualified installation technicians have the knowledge and expertise to provide high quality and professional installations.
The Covid-19 pandemic has changed the way installers are interacting and working with customers. South East Brisbane installation companies have put in place strategies that reduce the chances of spreading Covid-19:
- 5th Star Air Conditioning are wearing PPE, with each tradesperson having access to gloves, masks and sanitising equipment. Their technicians are using hygiene kits and are monitoring the health of staff.
- Aussie Airconditioning send out a form before an installation with information on their policies minimising exposure to Covid-19. Their technicians wear PPE and enquire whether customers have been overseas recently or are showing any symptoms beforehand
- Hewitt Trade Services send customers information on the extra safety procedures. On request their technicians wear PPE
- Our Tri-Tech Air Conditioning review team found they use PPE, with each technician using sanitising equipment, cleaning hands and surfaces. Technicians aren’t taking cash payments at this time
- Our Brisbane Air review team found this company are increasing hygiene practices and are respecting social distance practices and other reasonable requests from customers.
Our 5th Star Air Conditioning review team found their pricing is affordable and reasonable, when compared with the standard market prices for companies in the South East Brisbane area. The competitive price range of 5th Star Air Conditioning was investigated, with highlights noted below:
- 5th Star Air Conditioning has competitive pricing on their services and products;
- The company offers manufacturers’ special deals and promotions to eligible customers; and
- The company are open to offering further discounts on their pricing, such as the price matching of competitors quotes.
In the cost effectiveness review category, each air conditioning installation company in the South East Brisbane area received a rating for their pricing, based on quotes received from the company. 5th Star Air Conditioning received the top cost effectiveness rating of 4 out of 5, which is highly competitive and similar to two other top 5 air conditioning installation companies in South East Brisbane.
Some important details regarding the pricing of the other top 5 South East Brisbane air conditioning companies are noted below:
- Aussie Airconditioning advertises current manufacturers deals on their website, with their team highly knowledgeable about current promotions and inform customers at the time of quoting;
- Hewitt Trade Services recorded one of the cheapest price ranges in the area, receiving 5 out of 5 for their cost effectiveness;
- Tri-Tech Air Conditioning and Electrical offer standard market pricing on their products and services and are open to offering further discounts to their customers; and
- Brisbane Air provides valuable recommendations based on customer requirements and budgets and were recorded as having competitive and reasonable pricing.
The quotation systems of each of the South East Brisbane air conditioning installation companies were investigated and compared by the Compare Air Conditioning review team. Features of the 5th Star Air Conditioning quotation system include:
- They provide fully digital, detailed and comprehensive quotes;
- The online quotation form on the 5th Star Air Conditioning website has great features that allow customers to clearly communicate their air conditioning installation needs, and allow the company to respond with an individualised quote;
- The detailed quotes include multiple brand options and current promotional deals and special offers;
- The company has medium response rates to quote requests, with written emailed quotes generally received within two days; and
- Customers can request a free in-home appraisal to receive a fixed quote.
The quotation systems of the other top 5 air conditioning companies in South East Brisbane were also reviewed and compared, with important findings presented below:
- The Aussie Airconditioning team can provide detailed itemised quotes to their customers, with a fast response speed, generally within 6 hours;
- The online quotation form for Hewitt Trade Services can be found on their website and is a quick and easy way for potential customers to request a quote;
- Tri-Tech Air Conditioning and Electrical customers can receive a quote over the phone, by email or through their online contact form, however the phone was found to be the quickest way to receive a quote; and
- Brisbane Air team like to recommend the best system suited to customers’ needs and budgets on their quotes, which also includes all costs and any current special deals.
All the air conditioning installation South East Brisbane companies were investigated and contacted on a number of occasions, via phone and email. Each company received a rating for their customer service in both categories, with the results displayed in the graph below.
All the top 5 South East Brisbane air conditioning companies recorded great customer service standards, with the top company, 5th Star Air Conditioning receiving a solid 8 out of 10 in both categories.
- 5th Star
- Tri-Tech A.C.
- Brisbane Air
The Compare Air Conditioning review team recorded great customer service standards when communicating with 5th Star Air Conditioning, with some examples noted below:
- 5th Star Air Conditioning customers can talk to an experienced technician immediately upon calling, who can answer technical questions and give general informative recommendations;
- The 5th Star Air Conditioning team offer expert advice and are confidence in answering any technical questions and are comfortable in providing recommendations;
- The company services customers from a wide geographical area, which includes rural areas as well;
- Phone customer service showed a high level of politeness, general helpfulness, knowledge and expertise;
- Email customer service reflected their vast technical know-how and willingness to helpful;
- The company received an impressive 4 out of 5 for their overall customer service; and
- Email response times were recorded as with medium speed, with customers receiving a quote within a few days after their request.
The email responses times for each company were recorded and compared with the other South East Brisbane companies. The email response speeds of the top 5 South East Brisbane companies to customers’ inquiries and requests for quotes are displayed in the graph below. Response speeds were rated on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being very quick responses, within 6 hours and scores of 5 reflecting slower responses, generally received after 4 days.
5th Star Air Conditioning recorded medium email response times and were awarded with a rating of 3, which was like another top 5 company from the South East Brisbane area.
- Response time for quote
- Response time to initial email request
The customer services standards of the other top 5 air conditioning installation Brisbane South East companies were investigated, with the highlights noted below:
- Aussie Airconditioning are very quick to respond to customer requests for a quote and they provide a personalised, detailed and comprehensive quote, generally within two hours;
- Hewitt Trade Services customers can receive customer service outside of regular business hours, opening early morning;
- Phone calls to Tri-Tech Air Conditioning & Electrical are put through to the relevant departments, to help customers with their inquiries; and
- Brisbane Air has received consistently high, online customer service ratings, with customer satisfaction ratings from Google, averaging 4.8 out of 5.
5th Star Air Conditioning offer many different brand options to its customers and have a comprehensive list of quality brands that they sell, warrant, and install. However, they predominantly install their preferred brands, Mitsubishi Electric and Panasonic, due to:
- Great warranty terms and back up service;
- Impressive air conditioning performance;
- World-leaders in reliability and energy efficiency; and
- Their great product ranges at affordable prices.
The other top 5 South East Brisbane air conditioning installation companies also prefer and recommend leading brands of air conditioners, with:
- Aussie Airconditioning recommends installing Panasonic systems, due to their excellent after-sale service;
- Hewitt Trade Services’ top brands are Daikin and Fujitsu, due to their reputation for quality and energy efficient range of products;
- Tri-Tech Air Conditioning & Electrical install high quality and energy efficient systems from leading brands, such as Mitsubishi Electric, Daikin, and Fujitsu into both residential or commercial spaces; and
- Brisbane Air prefers to install Mitsubishi Electric and Fujitsu air conditioning systems, due to their trustworthy and reliable air conditioning products.
Technical expertise and experience
Each of the top 5 South East Brisbane air conditioning installation companies were investigated in relation to their technical expertise, experience and knowledge of the air conditioning industry.
The number one company, 5th Star Air Conditioning was found to possess high levels of technical knowledge and experience, demonstrated by:
- Over 15 years of experience in the industry;
- Technical knowhow to install and service air conditioning systems in various property types including apartments;
- Provide services to domestic, commercial and industrial customers;
- Their fully qualified installation technicians have the knowledge and expertise to provide high quality and professional installations;
- A 1-year warranty protection on parts and labour; and
- Their ability to both install and service a range of air conditioning systems.
The technical experience and knowledge of the other top 5 South East Brisbane air conditioning installation companies also were found to be at a high level, with the review team noting:
- The Aussie Airconditioning team consists of fully certified and licensed refrigeration mechanics technicians, electrical contractors and builders to install and service a range of air conditioning systems;
- Hewitt Trade Services’ highly experienced team consists of friendly, fully trained tradesmen and technicians, including electricians, plumbers, air conditioner mechanics and gas fitters;
- With over 25 years experience, Tri-Tech Air Conditioning and Electrical’s skilled technicians are all insured and certified; and
- Brisbane Air have knowledgeable and experienced technicians who are experienced and clearly explain the air conditioning installation process in easy to understand way.
Companies generally offer a warranty protection on their workmanship, which can vary in length of protection. The workmanship warranties of the top 5 South East Brisbane companies are displayed in the graph below.
Three of the other top 5 companies offer the standard 5-year protection on their installation services. The top company, 5th Star Air Conditioning and Tri-Tech Air Conditioning and Electrical offer a lower warranty protection, with only a one-year guarantee. However, installation workmanship issues generally become apparent soon after installation.
Check out our top 5 AC installation companies in other Australian locations via our home page.