Hewitt Trade Services is the current the top choice for air conditioning installation in the Brisbane City area
The Compare Air Conditioning review team conducted a comprehensive review and comparison process of air conditioning installation companies in Brisbane City area. After careful consideration, Hewitt Trade Services was awarded as the top choice due to their:
- Very affordable price range on their products and services;
- Price discounts, such as the price matching of competitor quotes;
- High customer service standards by both email and phone;
- Vast technical expertise and knowledge;
- Fully digital comprehensive quotes;
- Easy interest-free finance option for eligible customers;
- 15 years of experience in the industry;
- Warranty agents for Daikin and Fujitsu air conditioning systems;
- Wide range of air conditioning products from leading brands; and
- Impressive customer service standards.
The Hewitt Trade Services team are committed to understanding and responding to their customers’ needs and requirements.
Covid-19 has changed the way installers engage with customers. Brisbane city installation companies have put in place strategies that reduce the chances of spreading Covid-19:
- Aussie Airconditioning send out a disclosure form before installation with information on what they can do in terms of minimising exposure. Their technicians can wear PPE if required and ask if people have been overseas recently or are showing any symptoms before they agree to attend the site
- Our H&H Air Conditioning review team found this company have a Covid-19 plan in place that covers hygiene and safety measures such as sanitising. Technicians are willing to discuss Covid-19 issues and comply with any special requests
- 5th Star Air Conditioning are using PPE, with each tradesperson having access to gloves, masks and sanitising equipment. They work with aged care facilities and schools so have full hygiene kits and all the equipment like sanitiser, and are monitoring the health of staff.
- Tri-Tech Air Conditioning employ use of PPE, with each tradesperson having access to sanitising equipment, cleaning their hands and what they touch. They are taking extra precautions, not accepting Eftpos or taking cash for payments.
- Hewitt Trade Services send out a disclosure form before an installation with information on what they can do in terms of extra safety procedures. Customers are being asked if anyone has been overseas recently or are showing any symptoms before the technicians will agree to attend the site. Can wear PPE if required.
Hewitt Trade Services’ pricing is very affordable and reasonable, when compared with the standard market prices for companies in the Brisbane City area. The price range of Hewitt Trade Services was lower than all the other top 5 air conditioning installation Brisbane City companies, with features such as:
- The company offers interest free payment options and promotions to eligible customers;
- The company offers additional flexibility on their pricing through further discounts such as the price matching of competitors quotes and air conditioning manufacturers’ special offers; and
- Hewitt Trade Services’ price range is one of the cheapest in the Brisbane City area.
Each of the top 5 air conditioning installation companies in the Brisbane City area received a rating for their cost effectiveness. Hewitt Trade Services received the top cost effectiveness rating of 5 out of 5, which is higher than all the other top 5 air conditioning installation Brisbane City companies.
The price ranges of the other top 5 Brisbane City air conditioning companies were also investigated, with some highlights noted below:
- Aussie Airconditioning advertises manufacturers deals on their website, with their team providing customers with information regarding current promotions at the time of quoting;
- Tri-Tech Air Conditioning and Electrical offer standard market pricing and are flexible with their pricing through further discounts;
- 5th Star Air Conditioning offer reasonable and competitive pricing on their services and products, with some flexibility on pricing through promotional deals, like cash backs; and
- With a great price range, Brisbane Air strive to provide valuable recommendations based on customer requirements and budgets as well as inform customers of any manufacturers’ current promotions or deals.
The quotation systems of each of the Brisbane City air conditioning installation companies were investigated and compared by the Compare Air Conditioning review team. Features of the Hewitt Trade Services’ quotation system include:
- Their quotation system is detailed and comprehensive;
- Quotes show a breakdown of all costs, various model options, finance options, warranty terms and current promotional deals;
- The online quotation form on the Hewitt Trade Services website, is a quick and straightforward process for potential customers to request a quote;
- The company has medium response rates to quote requests, with written emailed quotes generally received within a few days;
- The Hewitt Trade Services team pays close attention to all installation requirements, to ensure the customer understands all the costs involved; and
- Customers can request a free in-home quote to receive a fixed quote.
The quotation systems of the other top 5 air conditioning companies in Brisbane City were also reviewed and compared, with some findings presented below:
- Aussie Airconditioning provide fast responses to quote requests, with itemised quotes, detailing all the costs involved;
- At Tri-Tech Air Conditioning and Electrical, customers can receive a quote over the phone, by email or through the online contact form, with the phone being the quickest way to receive a quote;
- 5th Star Air Conditioning provide detailed and comprehensive quotes, which displays multiple brand options and current promotional deals for the customer to consider; and
- As part of their quotation process the Brisbane Air team like to recommend the best system suited to customers’ needs and budget. Their quotes include all costs and any current promotions.
The customer service standards of the top 5 Brisbane City air conditioning companies were investigated. Each company was contacted on several occasions, via phone and email and received a rating for their customer service for both categories. The customer service ratings for the top 5 companies are displayed in the graph below.
All the top 5 Brisbane City air conditioning companies recorded great customer service standards. Hewitt Trade Services were found to have excellent customer service standards and received a very high rating in the email category.
- Tri-Tech A.C.
- 5th Star
- Brisbane Air
The Compare Air Conditioning review team received good customer service when contacting the Hewitt Trade Services, with examples below:
- The Hewitt Trade Services team are committed to understanding and responding to their customers’ needs and requirements;
- The Hewitt Trade Services team are knowledgeable and provide good recommendations to their customers, based on their needs;
- Customers can receive customer service outside of regular business hours, with the company starting from 7am;
- The company received an impressive 4 out of 5 for their overall customer service;
- The Hewitt Trade Services review team were extremely satisfied with the level of customer service by email and awarded the company a strong score of 9 out of 10;
- Email response times are very fast, with customers receiving a quote within a few hours after their request; and
- Customers can speak with helpful and knowledgeable team members immediately after phoning.
The email responses times for each company were recorded and compared with the other Brisbane City companies. The graph below displays the email response speeds of the top 5 Brisbane City companies to customers’ inquiries and requests for quotes. Response speeds were rated on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being very quick responses, within 6 hours and scores of 5 reflecting slower responses, generally received after 4 days.
Hewitt Trade Services recorded medium email response times and were awarded with a rating of 3, which was like another top 5 company in the Brisbane City area.
- Response time for quote
- Response time to initial email request
The customer services standards of the other top 5 Brisbane City air conditioning installation companies were investigated, with the highlights noted below:
- Aussie Airconditioning were very quick to respond to requests for a quote, providing a personalised, detailed and comprehensive quote, generally within two hours;
- Phone calls at Tri-Tech Air Conditioning & Electrical are transferred to the relevant departments, to help customers with their inquiries;
- 5th Star Air Conditioning demonstrated high quality customer service standards both by phone and email; and
- Brisbane Air has received consistently high, online customer service ratings, with customer satisfaction ratings in Google averaging 4.8 out of 5.
Hewitt Trade Services have a diverse range of air conditioning products, from manufacturers ’brands such as Daikin, Fujitsu, Panasonic, Mitsubishi Electric and LG. The company recommends Daikin and Fujitsu due to:
- Daikin’s reputation for quality products;
- Their energy efficient range of products;
- Their quality after sales support;
- The company is a warranty agent for Daikin and Fujitsu;
- Their comprehensive range of models and product options; and
- Their reliability, with very few customers reporting issues after installation.
The preferred brands of the other top 5 Brisbane City air conditioning installation companies vary, with:
- Tri-Tech Air Conditioning & Electrical install high quality and energy efficient systems from leading brands, such as Mitsubishi Electric, Daikin, and Fujitsu into residential or commercial spaces;
- As a Panasonic Air Conditioning Specialist, Aussie Airconditioning recommend installing a Panasonic system, due to their excellent after-sale service;
- 5th Star Air Conditioning predominantly install Mitsubishi Electric and Panasonic air conditioning systems, however they are equally confident in installing many other leading brands; and
- Brisbane Air recommends Mitsubishi Electric and Fujitsu air conditioning systems as trustworthy and reliable air conditioning products, with few complaints from customers after installation.
Technical expertise and experience
Each of the top 5 Brisbane City air conditioning installation companies were investigated in relation to their technical expertise, experience and knowledge of the air conditioning industry.
The number one company, Hewitt Trade Services was found to possess high levels of technical knowledge and experience, demonstrated by:
- Their 15 years of experience in the industry.
- Provision of services to domestic, commercial and industrial customers;
- Their team of friendly, fully trained tradesmen and technicians, including electricians, plumbers, air conditioner mechanics, gas fitters, appliance technicians and antenna installers;
- A 5-year warranty protection on parts and labour; and
- Their ability to both install and service a range of air conditioning systems.
The technical experience and knowledge of the other top 5 Brisbane City air conditioning installation companies also were found to be at a high level, with the review team noting:
- With over 25 years experience, all of Tri-Tech Air Conditioning and Electricals’ skilled technicians are insured and certified;
- Aussie Airconditioning has fully certified and licensed refrigeration mechanics technicians, electrical contractors and builders to install and service a range of air conditioning systems;
- 5th Star Air Conditioning are backed by many years of expertise and knowledge in the industry and specialise in the installation and repair of multi- and split- systems for ducted heating and cooling, in commercial and residential properties; and
- The Brisbane Air technicians are knowledgeable and experienced and make the extra effort to clearly explain the air conditioning installation process in easy to understand terms.
Companies generally offer a warranty protection on their workmanship, which can vary in length. The workmanship warranties of the top 5 Brisbane City companies are displayed in the graph below.
The number one company, Hewitt Trade Services provide a 5-year installation warranty, on the provision that servicing is conducted every 12 months. Two of the other top 5 companies also offer the standard 5-year protection on their installation services. Tri-Tech Air Conditioning and Electrical and 5th Star Air Conditioning offer a lower warranty with only a one year guarantee. However, problems related to the workmanship, generally are noticeable soon after installation.
Find out all about our top 5 air conditioning installation companies in other Australian locations via our home page.